QuickBooks File Copy Services, also known as FCS services, is developed by Intuit. The name of the file is ‘Intuit.QuickBooks.FCS.exe file’. It helps your application find out the latest updates from the official intuit’s website. The files begin processing in the background once the updates are successfully downloaded. This process might not function smoothly if the QuickBooks FCS service is damaged. You might face a variety of error messages indicating that Intuit FCS service is damaged.
Did the “QuickBooks FCS Service Is Damaged” error message appears on your screen? contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team, and they will help you fix the issue.
Reasons Why QuickBooks FCS Service Is Damaged
QuickBooks FCS service damaged error message codes are 15241, 15242, and 15243. Multiple things can lead to this error, such as problems with your installation file, Windows registry, and many more. Here is a list of possible reasons:-
- The installation file for the QuickBooks application is corrupted.
- The installation process was not performed properly.
- Windows registry got corrupted due to QuickBooks software change.
- System’s Antivirus is blocking access to download the latest file.
- The FCS service option was disabled.
Troubleshooting Steps To Follow If QuickBooks Update Error FCS Service Is Disabled.
There are certain simple solutions such as enabling the service and a few complex ones such as running a reboot.bat file. Let’s look at these solutions one by one:-
Solution 1- Enabling QuickBooks Desktop FCS
If QuickBooks update error FCS service is disabled message appears on your screen, the simplest way to fix it is by trying to enable it. These are the steps you need to follow in order to do so:-
- Press the Windows+R key, and the Run window will open.
- Type COMPMGMT.MSC in the run window and tap on OK.
- Computer Management Window will now open on your screen, click on Services and Applications.
- Tickmark Services and look for Intuit QuickBooks FCS in the list and then double-tap it.
- Tap on Startup type and select Manual.
- Click on Apply.
- Now tap on OK.
It is advisable to revalidate your payroll’s service key to refresh the connection.
- Go on Employees from the top menu bar.
- Select My Payroll Service.
- Choose Activate Service Key.
- Highlight the current payroll under Service Keys.
- Tap on Next until the finish comes up.
Solution 2-Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Damaged and improper installation of your application is one big reason why QuickBooks FCS service is damaged. You need to uninstall and then reinstall it in order to fix it :-
Important: There are certain things you need to do before you actually proceed with these troubleshooting steps:-
- Download the application installer for the version you are using.
- Note down your license number. You can find it in the original package or in the confirmation mail if you bought the digital version.
- Note down your product year and version.
So now let’s jump on troubleshooting steps:-
- Tap on the Windows Start button and search “Control Panel” from the search bar and then double click on its icon.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a program.
- Select the version of QuickBooks you wish to uninstall.
- Choose Uninstall / Change and then click on Remove. Choose Next (You will have to sign out and sign back in from the administrator account if you don’t see this option)
- Now open the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and accept the software license agreement.
- Tap on Next and enter your Product and License numbers.
- Again tap on Next.
- QuickBooks will now ask you to activate and update it.
Solution 3- Run Reboot.bat file
Running the Reboot.bat file can help you re-registers Quickbooks related extensions in Microsoft windows thus fixing the issue if QuickBooks FCS Service Is Damaged:-
- Close down QuickBooks.
- Open the folder that has the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and then select Properties.
- Choose Open file location.
3. Right-click on the reboot.bat file and select Run as Administrator.
Important:- Ensure that reboot.bat is run as the Windows Administrator. Depending on your Windows Folder Options settings, the file may appear as reboot.bat or reboot.
4.A Command (DOS) window (black window) with quickly scrolling file names will appear. This window should not be closed manually. The window will close after the reboot.bat file utility has finished.
5. Now Restart your system.
6. Run QuickBooks
Check if the QuickBooks FCS service damaged error message still appears on your screen or not.
Solution 4- Use Windows Repair System
QuickBooks FCS service damaged error message can appear on your system because of a corrupted Windows registry. You can use an internal repair system in order to fix it:-
- Close your QuickBooks application.
- Press Windows+E
- Windows 8 users need to click on the Computer tab.
- Now click on Uninstall or Change program.
- Select QuickBooks from the list and uninstall the same.
- The QuickBooks installation window will pop up.
- Tap on the Next option and select the Repair radio button.
- Scroll down and select Repair.
- Click on Finish.
- Restart your system.
- Now press Ctrl + R, and the Run window will open.
- Type MSConfig and tap on the OK button.
- Click on the General tab and go to Selective Startup
- Tick mark Load System Services and Load Startup Product.
- Open the Services tab and disable the services.
- Tickmark ‘Hide all Option of Microsoft Services’.
- Restart your system again and uninstall the clean installation. It is done to reinstall the software.
- Now try to download the latest Update in QuickBooks.
Solution 5- Re-validate your QuickBooks Subscription
Revalidating your Quickbooks subscription can also help you fix QuickBooks FCS service damaged error messages. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Run QuickBooks application.
- Click on the Employees tab and select My Payroll Service.
- Tickmark Account/Billing information.
- Account Maintenance of QuickBooks page will be visible on the system.
- Click on the Exit option.
- The validation process will now start.
- Wait for the process to get successfully completed.
- Now try to update QuickBooks payroll again.
Solution 6- Update QuickBooks
The outdated QuickBooks application is one reason why Intuit FCS Service is not running on your system. You can simply update the app and fix the issue. Follow these steps in order to fix it:-
- Close your company file and then close Quickbooks.
- Tap on Windows Start Button and search QuickBooks. Now right click on the QuickBooks application.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- In the No Company Open window, tap on the Help tab.
- Now click on Update QuickBooks from the list of options.
- Go on the Options tab and choose Mark All and select Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and tickmark the Reset Update box.
- Tap on Get Updates and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now rerun your application and tap on Yes when a prompt to Install the updates appears.
So now we hope you know what should be done when QuickBooks FCS Service Is Damaged. We discussed what all reasons can possibly lead to it and what are the troubleshooting methods available to fix it. If you are still stuck with the issue and want an expert’s help, reach out to us at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.