QuickBooks is a prominent application used by multiple businesses globally. Users at times can fail to use certain features of the application due to QuickBooks Error 136. It can arise due to outdated QuickBooks applications and damaged location. There are 5 different solutions for this error which involve running a sample file and suppressing QuickBooks Desktop Application.
Looking for ways to counter QuickBooks error code 136? Contact an expert at +1(855)-738-0359, and they can guide you on how to fix it.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 136
The major reasons for QuickBooks error code 136 are application-related. There can be certain interference by some other applications that can lead to this error too. The complete list of reasons for this error is:-
- Users are running an outdated application.
- A different application is interfering with the QuickBooks application.
- The users’ company file is damaged.
- The location of the user’s company file is damaged.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 136
The methods to fix QuickBooks desktop 136 error involves using task manager to end processes, running a sample file, updating QBD application and suppressing QBD. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Use Task manager To End Processes
The processes running in the background can sometimes interfere with each other leading to QuickBooks error 136. Use task manager to end the background processes. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del simultaneously and then select Start Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes menu and select all the processes having ‘QuickBooks’, ‘Intuit’ or ‘.QB’ in the name one by one.
- Tap on the End task button present at the bottom of the screen.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error 108 while Updating Bank Transactions
Solution 2- Update QuickBooks Desktop Application
Outdated QuickBooks application is a reason for error CODE 136 in QuickBooks. Follow these steps to update it:-
- Close your QuickBooks company file and then close your QBD application.
- Now reopen the QuickBooks application and tap on the Help tab.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Update Now tab.
- Tick Mark the box next to Reset Updates.
- Now click on Get Updates Button and wait for the download to begin.
- Rerun your application after the download process is over.
- Tap on Yes when the prompt to install updates appear on your screen.
Solution 3- Run Your Company File From Different Location
Damage in the location where your company file is stored can be a reason for QuickBooks error 136. Try accessing your company file from a different location. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the file that has the .QBW extension, right-click on it and select Copy.
- Then go to your desktop and right-click on your screen, select Paste.
- Now open your QuickBooks desktop in the no company open window.
- Click on the File tab and select Open.
- Now browse and open the file that you copied on the desktop.
Read Also – Learn To Fix QuickBooks Error PS038 If Paycheck Not Working
Solution 4- Suppress QuickBooks Application
Damage in the company file can be a reason for error CODE 136 in QuickBooks. Follow these steps to suppress QuickBooks desktop application to ensure that it does not open the previous company file:-
- Press and hold the Ctrl button and then double click on the QuickBooks application. It will open in the No Company Open window.
- Choose your company file and then click on Open.
Solutions 5- Open Sample Company File
This solution helps you figure out if the problem lies with your company file or not. If you are able to open a sample company file but fail to run your company file, problem with your QuickBooks application. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Run QuickBooks in the no company file open window.
- Then click on Open a sample file.
- Choose either product-based business or service-based business.
- A prompt will open up, click on OK.
- Check if the file opened or not.
Concluding Words !!
Now we hope you know what shall be done when QuickBooks Error 136 appears on your screen. Suppressing QuickBooks ensure that it does not open the previous file. If your error still persists after following the above-mentioned solutions, reach out to an experts at +1(855)-738-0359, and they will provide you with all the required guidance.