Sometimes, while printing PDF files in QuickBooks, you may end up with QuickBooks missing PDF component error. Whenever it takes place, an error message appears on your screen stating, “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing.” The message baffles the users, as it does not clarify which PDF component is missing, and thus, you couldn’t proceed with the troubleshooting. However, particular reasons evoke this issue. We have covered all these causes in the next section.
Wondering what to do if the QuickBooks component required for PDF print is missing? Get in touch with our experts by dialing our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. They will answer all your queries instantly.
What Are The Causes Behind QuickBooks PDF Component Missing Error?
Below we have mentioned some of the major reasons behind the component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is Missing error:
- It can take place due to damaged, missing, or outdated Adobe reader applications.
- Another reason is the outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
- The Microsoft XPS document writer is turned off in Windows settings.
Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Missing PDF Component Error
After getting aware of the possible causes, you can resolve the error component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is missing. For that, you can follow the below-given resolution methods:
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
The QuickBooks missing PDF component error can take place due to an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop. Thus, it’s essential to update QuickBooks as per its latest available version. However, you can update the QB desktop either outside or within the application as per your requirement. Below we have listed the steps for both the update methods in detail:
Update QuickBooks from outside the Application:
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks download & update webpage.
- Then, click on the Select Product drop-down list and select the QuickBooks version you are currently using.
- From the Select version drop-down list, select the QuickBooks version and click on search.
- Now, click on Get the Latest updates option, followed by Save to download the company file.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to finish the installation task.
Update QuickBooks from within the application:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the File menu and choose the Close Company or Log off option followed by Exit.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- From the options menu, click on Mark All> Save.
- Click on the Reset Update option followed by Get updates from the Update Now menu.
- At last, restart QuickBooks and click Yes on the install updates confirmation box.
If the QuickBooks missing PDF component error persists even after updating the software, you can follow the next resolution method. It wouldn’t have fixed your issue, but makes sure that the program is functioning with utmost efficiency
Method 2: Update & Repair Adobe Acrobat Reader
As discussed, you may end up with the QuickBooks missing component PDF issue due to an outdated Adobe reader. Follow the below-given steps to fix this issue by installing the Adobe reader:
- Click on the Start icon and type Adobe in the Search Programs and Files box.
- From the application list, click on Adobe Reader.
- Now, select the Check for Updates option from the Help menu.
- To download the setup file for installation, you can visit the Adobe Product Download Page.
- Lastly, follow the instructions displayed on your screen for installing the latest updates.
If the Error QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files is missing persists even after installing the adobe acrobat reader. Then, you must try to repair the damage by following the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you must close all the open Windows and browsers running on your computer.
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run Window. There, type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Now, double-click on the Adobe reader and select uninstall/ change option.
- Click on Next followed by Repair.
- Again, you have to click on Next and then select the Install option.
- When the installation completes, click on Finish and restart Windows.
If the component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is missing error persists even when you have installed and repaired the Adobe reader, then you can move to the next resolution method.
Method 3: Turn-On Microsoft XPS Document Writer
This method will help you activate the Microsoft XPS document writer from the windows feature on & off settings. Thus, you can resolve QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files is missing. For that, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the Run Window.
- There you have to type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- From the program and Feature window’s left side panel, click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Lastly, checkmark the XPS document writer option.
Note: Click Here for more information regarding Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
Need Technical Assistance!
This post covers all the effective methods that would help you resolve QuickBooks missing PDF component error. However, there might be a chance that you would have got stuck with the above methods. Also, if you don’t want to risk your company data then, we suggest you get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts are available 24X7 for your assistance.