When attempting to install the QuickBooks application on your device, you may get the QuickBooks Error 1327. The warning often informs the user that QuickBooks cannot locate the destination drive, preventing the installation process. To finish the QuickBooks installation procedure, the QuickBooks error code 1327 must be fixed. We’ve covered a variety of approaches in this article that you can use to resolve the error 1327 invalid drive QuickBooks. Read till the end to learn more about the many and most straightforward solutions to fix the error.
If you have not been able to install QuickBooks even after multiple attempts because of error 1327, reach out to us at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline number +1(855)-738-0359 The assist team will run an advanced diagnostic and rectify the error for you in no time.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1327?
QuickBooks Error 1327 is a common error that can occur when trying to install, update or use QuickBooks. There are a few triggers why this error can occur, but the most common reason is that Windows does not recognize the drive that QuickBooks is installed on. This can happen if the drive is mapped to a different letter or if it is a network drive.
When error 1327 invalid drive QuickBooks occur, You’ll get this pop-up message on the screen-
“Error 1327: Invalid drive.”
Drives are typically thought of as partitions of the computer’s memory. It is comparable to dividing a room or home. This kind of issues usually appear when the drive is not responding correctly.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code C=1327?
A variety of factors may cause the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code C=1327. Here is a list of some of these causes:
- If the storage devices are corrupted, or the connection to the storage device is faulty, you may have the error 1327 invalid drive quickbooks.
- QuickBooks problem 1327 may occur if your system’s.net framework is damaged.
- In addition, if Windows’ registry settings are incorrect, you could have this problem installing QuickBooks.
These are the possible reasons why error 1327 in quickbooks desktop appears. But the good thing is you can solve these issues and get rid of this error.
You May Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Error 6069 Like An Expert
QuickBooks installation Error 1327 Symptoms
According to the user’s errors, such as updates, company files, installations, etc. QuickBooks error code 1327 symptoms vary. These are some potential signs:
- Windows operating system isn’t working.
- QuickBooks software crashed or became frozen.
- Windows operating system is down.
- The keyboard and mouse don’t provide extremely slow instructions.
Best Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1327
There are some techniques you can take to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1327. Read the following information to learn how to resolve the error-
Solution 1: Change the Installation Drive
If the error appears because of the unavailability of the installation drive for some reason, we will change the installation drive and check if this resolves the error.
- Firstly, press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu and type CMD in it.
- Then, Right-click the CMD program in the results and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Further, enter the command “subst X: Y:\” (without quotes) in the CMD window and hit Enter. In this command, the letter X represents the drive that is displayed in the error message, and Y represents the one that is correctly connected to the system.
- Lastly, exit the CMD window after running the command and check if you can now install QuickBooks without any errors.
If you still find that QuickBooks not seeing mapped drives and throwing error 1327, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
You may also read:- How To Install & Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Solution 2: Repair Microsoft .Net Framework
The steps to repair the Microsoft.Net framework are-
- First, open the Control Panel and select Programs.
- Next, select Turn Windows Features On/Off from the menu.
- Complete all the required fields when prompted.
- There is a checkbox next to the Microsoft.NET Framework. Restart the computer after unticking it.
- Open the programs once more, then repeat the process. Therefore, the user must once more check the box next to the NET framework.
Solution 3: Remove The Network Drive
Removing the network drive from the system is the next option on the list. Take the actions outlined below.
- Click the start icon on your computer.
- After that, you must select the Windows Explorer option by clicking on the programs option.
- After that, choose a network drive and click the “ok” button.
- You must confirm that the option for the shell file is unchecked.
- Once finished, you must click the “ok” button to confirm.
- The last step is to restart your computer and attempt to install the QuickBooks software.
- Following this, click on the option to map the network device.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Using a New Account
This solution will help resolve the QuickBooks installation error 1327 if it is a result of issues in the Windows user account you are currently logged in with.
- Click the Windows Start button, click Settings, and go to Accounts.
- Select the Family & Other Users option and select the Add Account option next to Add Other User.
- Choose the option that says I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and select Add a user without a Microsoft account in the next window.
- Enter all the required information like user name, password, password hint, and security questions, and click Next.
- Log out of the current user account and log back in with the new user account created.
Retry to install QuickBooks with this user account to check if QuickBooks Desktop error 1327 is resolved. If not, follow the next step, which is to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This tool will help you fix any problems preventing QuickBooks from being installed properly. Finally, if you still have problems, try fixing the Windows registry with the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 5: Make Registry Settings Corrections
Below are the steps to make settings registry corrections and rectify QuickBooks error 1327 invalid drive-
- The system registry should first be backed up.
- Then, simultaneously press Windows and R. Then select the run option after typing Regedit.
- Take this route: Shell Folders are located under HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftCurrentVersion.
- Search for the entries with the drive letter listed. The error message must refer to it.
- Save the settings, then. Try restarting the system and reinstalling the application after that. Change the registry’s modifications to their original state after the installation is finished.
- Change the incorrect drive names to C drive.
Hopefully, the solutions discussed in this blog have helped you fix QuickBooks Error 1327. The solutions were discussed in the blog with step-by-step instructions for your convenience. However, we can’t deny that implementing the above-mentioned solutions may prove to be tricky for a number of users. If you also find it challenging to resolve the error, you can dial the QuickBooks Data Repair Service at +1(855)-738-0359 for immediate assistance. Our experts are well equipped with plenty of knowledge to fix the QuickBooks installation Error 1327 instantly.
QuickBooks Error 1327 is a common error that appears while trying to install, QuickBooks. There are a few triggers why this error occurs, and the most common is Windows not being able to identify or locate the drive where you are trying to install QuickBooks. This can happen if the drive is mapped to a different letter or if it is a network drive.
When error 1327 invalid drive QuickBooks occurs, You’ll get a pop-up message on the screen-
Given below are some of the most common indications that your system is affected by error 1327.
Windows operating system stops working.
QuickBooks software starts crashing frequently.
Windows operating system starts working sluggishly.
The keyboard and mouse inputs stop working.
You will find that QuickBooks not showing network drives.
Resolving error 1327 QuickBooks desktop is a simple process, and all you need is to ensure that the drive where you are going to install QuickBooks is accessible by Windows, .NET Framework is properly installed, there are no issues in the Windows user account, and Windows registry is clean and intact.
All things considered, error 1327, being an installation error, is not limited to QuickBooks Desktop and can affect any program that you install on Windows.