While accessing the QuickBooks company file, the error 6069 pop-ups on the screen, which can stop you from processing further activity with the company file. It can be frustrating sometimes. When you are blocked from working on the company file, your time is demolished or wasted, which can be used for increasing productivity. To fix the QuickBooks error 6069, go through this blog, which contains many different methods and the main reasons behind this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6069?
The QB error 6069 is part of the 6000 error series that prevents the users from accessing the QuickBooks company file. This error occurs when the original company data file is changed with a copy of the backup file with the same name. It also appears when the original company file is moved to another location. It can also occur when the users try to create an invoice in a particular account and proceed to save it, and the QuickBooks programs shut down surprisingly. It can also occur due to various reasons, just go through the blog to know them.
Did you see Intuit QB Error 6069 on your Screen while performing usual Operation? Call our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number to get the error 6069 running QuickBooks desktop fixed now.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6069?
When the user faces the QuickBooks error 6069, he/she can’t proceed with their further work and don’t even know the causes behind this. To learn about the leading causes, go through the mentioned points:
- When there is an incomplete download of the QuickBooks Software.
- Using Outdated QuickBooks.
- Incomplete installation of QB in the system.
- Damaged Windows registry also responsible.
- When the third-party is interfering in the QuickBooks.
- Bad sectors of the Windows hard drive.
After knowing all the reasons why QuickBooks Enterprise error 6069 comes, now you want to know how to detect error code 6069. So here we go with the next section.
What are the Symptoms of Error 6069 in QuickBooks Desktop?
It’s hard to detect the error without any IT member’s help. So, if there are some situations where you don’t have any idea about the error 6069 in QuickBooks desktop, what will you do? You don’t have to worry below are the points by which you can detect the error 6069 in Intuit QB.
- The active program will crash when you get the error message on the screen.
- The system will run slow or take time to operate.
- When you observe a hang of the system.
- A sudden freeze for a few seconds.
- Improper configuration of QuickBooks in AVG Antivirus program.
After knowing all the error’s symptoms, we will proceed to the methods that can fix QuickBooks error message code 6069. But the fixing procedure has some conditions which have to be followed appropriately.
Points to be Remember Before Fixing QuickBooks Company File Error 6069
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Remove all the installation errors by using the QuickBooks clean Install tool.
- Save a backup of company files to prevent the data from any type of data loss.
How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6069?
The QuickBooks desktop error 6069 has been encountered by many users due to which they have to stop their work. It means more time to complete the ongoing project or assignment. To resolve the issue of QuickBooks company file error 6069, below are the different methods, just go through them one by one.
Method#1: Set QB as a Trusted Program in AVG
Sometimes, the AVG antivirus doesn’t recognize QuickBooks as a trusted program. It means there are more chances of getting more errors. So, set the QuickBooks application as a trusted program in the AVG antivirus and resolve the error 6069 in QuickBooks. Follow the steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6069:
- Launch the AVG Antivirus program.
- Then, click on the Computer icon and choose the settings tab.
- Now, under the Exception section, you have to click on Add Exceptions.
- After that, from the Exception Type drop-down menu, press on the File option.
- Next, click on the Browse button and find the QuickBooks Utility file from the QB installation section.
- In the end, click OK twice, followed by Yes to save settings.
Hope by setting the QB as a trusted application helps you in fixing the QB desktop error 6069. If not, then follow the next method.
Method#2: Allow QuickBooks Through AVG Firewall
If you didn’t get any solution by following the above method, then use this method. By allowing the QuickBooks through the AVG firewall can help you to get rid of this problem. Go through the mentioned steps for allowing the QuickBooks:
- Run AVG and press on the Firewall tab.
- Choose Applications from the settings.
- Now, in the AVG firewall program list, locate the QuickBooks.
- If the status of the application is set to Block, then change it to Allow.
- In case QuickBooks is not in the program list, click on the Add button and browse the QB program file in the QB installation directory.
- Now, click on Create and press OK twice.
- After that, click on Yes to save the changes.
- In the end, rerun the QuickBooks application and check for the error.
If, after relaunching the QuickBooks, you still face the error, then go through the upcoming method 3.
Method#3: Verify QuickBooks Company File Extension
The unsuccessful attempt to solve QuickBooks error 6069 with the above method can be irritating. This error can be due to the unverified extension of the QuickBooks file. Follow the steps to verify them:
- Firstly, run the Windows File Manager and go to the QuickBooks installation directory.
- You can find the company data file inside C-Users->Public->Documents->Intuit->QuickBooks-Company Files Folder.
- Ensure that the QB company file is of the .qbw extension.
- If you find the file is another extension, you have to right-click on the file and press on Rename.
- Now, replace the extension of the file with .qbw and save the file name.
- After that, open the QB company file once again in QuickBooks.
After verifying the QuickBooks company file extension, if the Intuit error code 6069 doesn’t fix, then use the next method.
Method#4: Using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Go to Start and then choose All Programs.
- Now, choose QuickBooks and select QB Database Server Manager.
- Click the Scan folders tab.
- After that, click on Add folder in case there is no folder then, highlight the folder having files, and click on Scan.
- Now, confirm the company file when the bottom box shows “QuickBooks Company files found.”
- Then try to re-access the file.
- In the end, open QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file.
After reaccessing the file, if the error 6069 in QuickBooks still persists then, go for the next solution to resolve QuickBooks error message 6069.
Method#5: Clean Temp Files
The error 6069 in the Intuit QuickBooks can be due to the temp files that occupy the QuickBooks company file space. To resolve this issue, clean the temp files and to do so, follow the given steps.
- Go to Start and write command (Don’t press enter yet), withholding the CTRL+Shift, hit the Enter button.
- A permission dialog box appears, click on the Yes button.
- A black box will appear; write “cleanmgr” in it, and press the Enter button.
- Now the Disk Cleanup starts the scan.
- Select “Temporary files.”
- Click on OK to clean the temp files.
Hope after cleaning the temp files, you are able to get rid of the error 6069. If not, then go through the next method for a perfect solution.
Method#6: Using Intuit Sync Manager
If none of the above methods can’t help you, follow the Intuit Sync Manager’s steps to fix the issue.
- Sign-in to the system as Administrator.
- Then open Intuit Sync Manager.
- Now, click on Options and select the Show Details option.
- After that, pick the company name and do a right-click on it. Choose the Company Info option.
- Here, you have to verify the path that is listed as the location is correct.
- Now, open the company folder again and replace the current QB company file with the original one.
Going through the above troubleshooting method, if the error doesn’t resolve, then go for the next method.
Method#7: Rename the .ND & .TLG Files
This error can occur when the .ND & .TLG files are stored with other names. To rename the files, follow the mentioned steps:
- Firstly, open the company file folder.
- Then find the files with different extensions but with the same name.
- Now, right-click on each file and choose Rename. Add the word OLD either at the starting or the end of the file.
- Now, reopen QuickBooks and sign in to the company file.
If after renaming the .Nd & .TLG, the error still occurs then, you can install the error entry from Windows, which is described in the next method.
Method#8: Fix Error in Windows
You can fix the error in Windows by uninstalling the error associated entry. To unisntall, the error from the different versions of Windows, follow the steps given below.
For Windows & Vista:
- Go to the start button and click on the Control Panel.
- Then, click on the Program and then Programs and Features.
- Under the Name tab, locate the QB error code 4_6069-associate program (QuickBooks).
- Now, press on the QuickBooks-associated entry.
- From the top menu ribbon, you have to click the Unisntall button.
- To complete the uninstallation process of the QB error 6069-associated program, follow the on-screen steps.
For Windows XP:
- Go to Start and open the Control panel.
- Then. Click on Program>> ADD or Remove Programs.
- Now, from under the Currently installed programs list, browse for QB error 4_6069-associated program.
- Now, choose the QB-associated entry and click on the Remove button.
- For a complete installation, follow the on-screen steps.
- Go to the Start button.
- Then. Click on Program and Features>> ADD or Remove Programs.
- Now, search for the QB error 4_6069-associated program.
- Now, choose the QB-associated entry and click on the Uninstall/change button.
- For a complete uninstallation of error 6069, follow the on-screen steps.
Need Help to Fix QuickBooks Error 6069?
In this write-up, we provide the best solution that can help you to resolve error 6069 in QuickBooks. This blog contains five different methods that you can opt for fixing.
But in case, by following the above methods, if you aren’t able to fix the error 6069 in Intuit QuickBooks, then feel free to contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team for better assistance.
Intuit QB Error 6069 FAQs:
1. What should I do to not getting this error 6069 in QuickBooks again?
You can use the latest version of QuickBooks with a proper installation.
2. Why am I facing error 6069 in QuickBooks while using the third-party application?
Sometimes, the third-party interfering in the QuickBooks application by which you cannot process your further work results in QuickBooks error 6069.
3. Why the system’s AVG Antivirus showing the QuickBooks error code 6069?
The AVG Antivirus shows you the error 6069 because you didn’t set the QuickBooks as a trusted program. Run the QB as a trusted program and eliminate the error 6069 in QuickBooks.