Want a perfect solution that can handle the financial or accounting process of your business? We present the QuickBooks accounting software to you, which performs best and holds up to 80% of the market share. However, QuickBooks users face errors while performing tasks on it. QuickBooks Error Code 6210 is the most common error encountered while accessing the company file. Through this blog, we are going to provide the causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions to fix this QB error 6210. But before proceeding further, let’s know in brief about this error.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
The QuickBooks error Code 6210 majorly occurs in the multi-user mode. The error appears while accessing the company file hosted on a workstation and not set up as the network server. Thus, you may get QuickBooks error code 6210 0 on your screen, which prevents you from performing further tasks. It displays that the company file you are trying to access is unavailable, and the QuickBooks Desktop Quits unexpectedly.
Now, it’s time to proceed to the reasons behind this error 6210, 0 in QuickBooks 2016 or any other version.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6210?
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6210 can occur due to many reasons. Below are the listed reasons that explain the possible causes behind the error while opening the company file in multi-user mode.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damage of QuickBooks Company (.QBW) data file.
- Corruption caused due to Virus and Malware attack.
- Computer infections may infect or delete the QuickBooks installation files.
- Corruption in the Windows Registry.
- Windows firewall can be the reason which prevents QuickBooks from communicating with other workstations.
- Change in the QuickBooks-related software.
After these reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6210, We are also providing the preferred sign by which you can detect the error.
How to Detect Intuit QuickBooks Error 6210 0?
- QuickBooks stops working suddenly for a while.
- QB error 6210 0 after updating 2019 directly displays on the screen.
- It can occur while accessing the Company file.
- Crash of the QB utility as well as of system.
- Windows stopped responding due to the occurrence of the error.
These symptoms help you to recognize the error. Now, the question arises how to fix this error? Don’t worry. We derive the troubleshooting methods to solve this error. But there are some points you have to keep in mind before resolving the QuickBooks error code 6210.
Points to be Remember Before Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 6210 0?
- Make sure that the multi-user mode is ON in the QB Desktop that is hosting your company file.
- There must be the latest update version of QuickBooks software.
- Remove all the infections from the computer or laptop with any antivirus program.
- Ensure that the system hosting the company file is the primary server, not a regular or average workstation in the network.
- Turn off the Windows firewall or any third-party firewall before using the company file in multi-user mode.
Always keep the above-given points in mind before performing the fixing process. After this, let’s execute the methods.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
Given below are the methods to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6210. Follow them.
Method#1: Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor plays an essential role in fixing the QuickBooks error 6210 when the error’s leading cause is directly related to the company file’s data damage. It can quickly repair or restore the damaged company file and also improves network issues. QB File Doctor is best known to fix the problems related to the 6000 error series.
Method#2: Rename .ND & .TLG File (While using Single-User Mode)
- Firstly, open Windows File Manager and navigate for the QuickBooks installation Directly.
- Then, locate the corresponding company file .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Now, right-click on the files and choose rename.
- Here, add .OLD at the end of the extensions (.TLG.OLD).
- Perform the above step same with the .NG file to rename it.
- After renaming, create a new folder on the system’s desktop and then move the QuickBooks file from the installation folder to the newly created folder.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks and access the company file from the newly created folder.
If the QuickBooks desktop error Code 6210 still persists, try the same process if you use the multi-user mode.
Method#3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager (For Multi-User Mode)
Follow the given listed steps to rename .ND and >TLB files if Quickbooks Error Code 6210 Occurs in Multi-user mode:
- Press the Windows + R keys and in the Run Window type services.msc.
- Then, click on Enter and navigate QuickBooks Database server Manager service from the list (QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB28, or QuickBooksDB29).
- Now, click-right on the service and choose Restart.
- Here, once the services restart, then try to access the QuickBooks file once again.
If the QuickBooks error 6210 in multi-user doesn’t resolve by the above method, proceed to the next one.
Method#4: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
The damaged QB Desktop functions can be the primary reason for access errors in the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool helps resolve the damaged or corrupt parts of the utility and eliminate the error 6210 in QuickBooks.
- Firstly, create a backup of your QuickBooks data.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- After that, from the system’s download, double-click on the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file.
- After accepting the license agreement, choose your QuickBooks version. Click OK to finish.
- Utilize the clean install tool to reinstall QuickBooks and resolve the damaged functions of the software.
Method#7: Disable the Antivirus Utility
The interference of the third-party security utilities can cause errors in the QuickBooks Desktop, which stops the program from working. They can also cause a threat to the QuickBooks company, resulting in inaccessibility or complete loss of financial data. You may run the antivirus program for any defective files and then delete them. QuickBooks error code 6210 makes the QB files defected while accessing it, and the antivirus shows it defected. So, it’s better to disable the antivirus program while using the QuickBooks utility.
Method#5: Restore QuickBooks Backup File
If you’re still facing error code 6210 in QuickBooks 2016, then there are some issues with the Company files(.QBW). So, it’s better to restore the latest backup to resolve this issue.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, press and hold the CTRL key until No Company opens the Window display on the screen.
- Now, press on Open or restore an existing company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and after click Next.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instruction for restoring the latest backup.
Method#6: Copy your QuickBooks Company Files to Desktop
- To start, click right on the desktop and press on the New Folder option.
- Then, go to the current location of the company file and copy the file.
- Now, proceed to New Folder and paste the selected files in it by pressing CTRL+V keys together.
- After pasting, press and hold the CTRL key until the No company open window appears on the screen.
- Then, hit the Open or Restore an Existing Company option.
- Here, choose Open a Company file and hit on the Next button.
- Now, browse to the desktop file, saved into the newly created folder.
- In the end, click Open.
Connect with Expert to Get Rid of Intuit QuickBooks Error 6210 0
This write-up provides you the methods to fix the QuickBooks error 6210. The 6210 0 QuickBooks error occurs after update 2019. If by following the above-given procedures, the error 6210 occurs while accessing the QuickBooks company file, whether it’s Single-User mode or Multi-User Mode, then you can call our experts on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our QB Experts Team will help you in resolving this error as soon as possible.
QuickBooks Error Code 6210 FAQs:
The main reason behind the QuickBooks desktop error of 6210 0 is the improper installation of QuickBooks and the company files’ corruption in the QB.
You face the error 6210 0 when opening the QuickBooks file due to a computer’s damaged or improper working.
Yes, By following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, you can fix error 6210 0 in QB Desktop Pro, Premier or Enterprise versions.