Facing a runtime error, payroll issue, or something with the company files- are the three most common problems. And like the QuickBooks Error Code 6210, all the 6000- -series issues are connected to the company file malfunction. This specific problem usually occurs when the user tries to open the company file on their Desktop. But this is not the only case of this issue. There are a few more to explore and understand if you wish to eliminate this problem once and for all.
To understand the QB error 6210 of the company file, you will have to understand that this is a multi-user problem. If you try to open the company file in any workstations that are not set up as the host- this problem can occur. So let’s have a closer look at what issues can be faced and how to combat this problem.
Want a perfect solution that can bring your software and workforce back on track? QuickBooks accounting software is an ideal solution that performs best and holds up to 80% of the market share. However, QuickBooks users face errors while performing multiple tasks or using the inbuilt features. QuickBooks Error Code 6210 is the most common error encountered while accessing the company file in the multi-user.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
The QuickBooks error Code 6210 is one of the company file issues that majorly occurs in the multi-user mode. The error appears while trying to access the company file hosted on a workstation and which is not set as the network server. Thus, you may get QuickBooks error code 6210 on your screen, which prevents you from performing further tasks. It displays that the company file you are trying to access is unavailable, and the QuickBooks Desktop Quits unexpectedly.
Now, it’s time to proceed to the reasons behind this error 6210 in QuickBooks 2016 or any other version.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6210?
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6210 can occur due to many reasons. Below are the listed reasons that explain the possible causes behind the error while opening the company file in multi-user mode.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damage of QuickBooks Company (.QBW) data file.
- Corruption caused due to Virus and Malware attacks.
- Computer infections may infect or delete the QuickBooks installation files.
- Corruption in the Windows Registry.
- Windows firewall can be the reason which prevents QuickBooks from communicating with other workstations.
- Change in the QuickBooks-related software.
- When there is a damage, infection, or a malware in the transaction log files (.TLG) and Network Data files (.ND).
After these reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6210, We are also providing the preferred sign by which you can detect the error.
How to Detect Intuit QuickBooks Error 6210 0?
- QuickBooks stops working suddenly for a while.
- QB error 6210 0 after updating 2019 directly displays on the screen.
- It can occur while accessing the Company file.
- Crash of the QB utility as well as of the system.
- Windows stopped responding due to the occurrence of the error.
These symptoms help you to recognize the error. Now, the question arises how to fix this error? Don’t worry. We derive troubleshooting methods to solve this error. But there are some points you have to keep in mind before resolving the QuickBooks error code 6210.
Points to be Remember Before Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 6210 0?
- Make sure that the multi-user mode is ON in the QB Desktop that is hosting your company file.
- There must be the latest updated version of QuickBooks software.
- Remove all the infections from the computer or laptop with any antivirus program.
- Ensure that the system hosting the company file is the primary server, not a regular or average workstation in the network.
- Turn off the Windows firewall or any third-party firewall before using the company file in multi-user mode.
Always keep the above-given points in mind before performing the fixing process. After this, let’s execute the methods.
How To Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6210?
Given below are the methods to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6210. Follow them.
Method1: Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor plays an essential role in fixing the QuickBooks error 6210 when the error’s leading cause is directly related to the company file’s data damage.
It can quickly repair or restore the damaged company file and also improves network issues. QB File Doctor is best known for fixing the problems related to the 6000 error series.
Method 2: Rename .ND & .TLG File (While using Single-User Mode)
- Firstly, open Windows File Manager and navigate to the QuickBooks installation Directly.
- Then, locate the corresponding company file .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Now, right-click on the files and choose rename.
- Here, add .OLD at the end of the extensions (.TLG.OLD).
- Perform the above step the same with the .NG file to rename it.
- After renaming, create a new folder on the system’s desktop and then move the QuickBooks file from the installation folder to the newly created folder.
- Now, launch QuickBooks and access the company file from the newly created folder.
If the QuickBooks desktop error Code 6210 still persists, try the same process if you use the multi-user mode.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager (For Multi-User Mode)
Another quick way to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6210 is to use the Quickbooks Tools Hub. And specifically the Database Server Manager tool from the hub. You will be able to fix the problem in no time by following these steps.
- Navigate to the tools hub icon and double-click on it to launch it.
- From the options in the tool hub, you will have to click on “Network Issues.”
- Amongst all the other options, you will have to click on “Quickbooks Database Server Manager simply.”
Note: This will open a prompt message that will ask you to download the manager- if you already don’t have it on your system.
- When you open the server manager, look for the option “Start Scan.”
- Then check your company files on the window that opens on the screen. If you are unable to locate the files, simply browse them. And once you locate them, click on them and then select the option of “start scan.”
- Let the process get completed, after which you will have to try opening it once again simply. And just sign into your company file.
Method 4: Use the sample company file that’s installed locally on your workstation
This one is a small and quick way. Here is what has to be done to fix this issue.
- Go to the “no company open” window on your desktop and then choose “open a sample file.”
- If you are now able to open the file, you will just have to try opening it locally. Otherwise, if the sample file you are trying to access is showing the same error message, you will have to repair your QB installation.
Method 5: Try to open your company file locally
There is another way to fix the issue, and this solution is a continuation of the one given right above. Here is what has to be done to execute this solution.
- First of all you will have to open the folder that contains your company files.
- Then you need to locate the file that has an extension of “.QBW.”
- And then simply right-click on the file after which you will have to choose “copy” from the list of options.
- Next, just head to the desktop and then again, right-click on it. There will be a list of options from which you will have to select the “paste” option.
- Make sure you keep holding the control key while opening your Quickbooks Desktop. And when you do so, you will be directed to the “No company open window.”
- Here you will have to click on “open or restore an existing company.”
- Once done, just navigate to the desktop and look for the company file that was pasted by you a few minutes ago.
- When you spot it, just double-click on it and open it.
- Once done, you might not get the error on your screen from now on.
Method 6: Try closing all the Quickbooks processes on your desktop
By simply closing all the QB-related tasks on your desktop- you might not only free up the RAM but also get rid of this issue. Here is how it can be done.
- Start the process by logging into your desktop using the Admin credentials. And this has to be done on the server computer.
- Now, click on “Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc” which will open the task manager on the screen.
- There you will have to go to the processes tab and select “users” tab from the options.
- Next, you will have to look for all the QB related processes like QBDBMgr.exe and QBW32.exe in that window.
- Just click or select each one of them and then select “end task.”
- Now, try opening your company file again in the multi-user mode.
Method 7: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
The damaged QB Desktop functions can be the primary reason for access errors in the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool helps resolve the damaged or corrupt parts of the utility and eliminate the error 6210 in QuickBooks.
- Firstly, create a backup of your QuickBooks data.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- After that, from the system’s download, double-click on the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file.
- After accepting the license agreement, choose your QuickBooks version. Click OK to finish.
- Utilize the clean install tool to reinstall QuickBooks and resolve the damaged functions of the software.
Method 8: Restore QuickBooks Backup File
If you’re still facing error code 6210 in QuickBooks 2016, then there are some issues with the Company files(.QBW). So, it’s better to restore the latest backup to resolve this issue.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, press and hold the CTRL key until No Company opens the Window display on the screen.
- Now, press on Open or restore an existing company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instruction for restoring the latest backup.
Method 9: Disable the Antivirus Utility
The interference of third-party security utilities can cause errors in the QuickBooks Desktop, which stops the program from working. They can also cause a threat to the QuickBooks company, resulting in inaccessibility or complete loss of financial data. You may run the antivirus program for any defective files and then delete them. QuickBooks error code 6210 makes the QB files defective while accessing it, and the antivirus shows it defective. So, it’s better to disable the antivirus program while using the QuickBooks utility.
Connect with an Expert to Get Rid of Intuit QuickBooks Error 6210 0
This write-up provides you with the methods to fix the QuickBooks error 6210. The 6210 0 QuickBooks error occurs after the update 2019. If by following the above-given procedures, the error 6210 occurs while accessing the QuickBooks company file, whether it’s Single-User mode or Multi-User Mode, then you can call our experts on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 Our QB Experts Team will help you in resolving this error as soon as possible.
QuickBooks Error Code 6210 FAQs:
Ans. QuickBooks Enterprise error 6210 messages typically occur when there is an issue with the company file or the network connection. The most common cause of this error is a damaged or corrupted company file, or a network connection issue. It can also occur if the user does not have sufficient permissions to access the company file or the QuickBooks program.
Ans. Error 6210 in QuickBooks 2017 can be caused by a variety of different issues. These can include problems with a company file, software compatibility issues, or a damaged or missing QuickBooks component.
Ans. Yes, By following the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, you can fix error 6210 0 in QB Desktop Pro, Premier, or Enterprise versions.
Ans. QuickBooks ND (No Data) and TLG (Transaction Log) files are data files used by QuickBooks to store financial information. The ND file contains information about customers, vendors, and other financial data, while the TLG file stores a log of all changes made to the QuickBooks data. Together, these files ensure that QuickBooks data is accurate and secure.
Ans. QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool developed by Intuit to help diagnose and resolve errors and networking issues when using QuickBooks Desktop. It can detect and fix data corruption, network issues, and file/folder permissions. It can also be used to repair company files and reset user passwords.
Ans. There could be several reasons why your QuickBooks is not updating. A few common reasons might be an outdated version of QuickBooks, a connection issue with the internet, or an issue with the company file. To troubleshoot, try updating QuickBooks to the latest version, make sure you have a stable internet connection, and check for any issues with the company file.