QuickBooks error 404 takes place when a QB company file gets damaged. The error message may pop-up while installing the QB software or the Windows Operating system. At times, Windows Firewall triggers this error code and blocks the QB connection with the internet. There are several unknown reasons as well. In this blog, we have covered all the possible causes and troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve the issue at the earliest.
Stuck with network error 404 in QuickBooks & want to know how to recover 404 error? Don’t worry! Place a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number for immediate assistance.
What is Meant by QuickBooks Update Error 404?
Intuit QB Error 404 is a Run time error that occurs when you try to install the QuickBooks desktop. It may happen due to an abrupt shutdown or startup of windows as well. Thus, whenever you encounter such an issue, you must resolve it at the earliest. It even appears as:
- QB Service Messages Error 404
- QuickBooks Error Code 404 Page not found
- QuickBooks Update Error 404
- QB Runtime Error 404
Note: QuickBooks error 404 service messages may pop-up in various Microsoft Operating Systems, i.e. Windows 7, Window XP, & Window 10,8.
Another reason is when the QuickBooks software fails to complete any update or sync with the intuit server. QB Online Error 404 has the data that can only be deciphered by the manufacturer of the component. To know other major reasons, you must read ahead.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 404 Service Message?
Windows firewall or antivirus application is one of the common reasons behind the ‘page not found’ error in QuickBooks. Below we have listed other reasons as well for getting the 404 error messages:
- You might have accidentally deleted an essential company file.
- If your system is infected with a virus or malware, you may end up with corrupted windows files or QB files.
- If the system’s windows registry is corrupt due to a change in the installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
- You might have undergone an incomplete or corrupt QB installation.
- Intuit error 404 appears when the webpage has been banned, but the URL is the same.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Here, we have mentioned the possible signs that may help you identify QB Page not found Error 404:
- You are unable to spot the web page that you are trying to access on the server.
- The QuickBooks error code 404 appears on the screen.
- Your system impacts with the 404 error while operating a similar program.
- Error code drops the dynamic application window.
- You may experience this error if the page has been removed or moved, but the URL hasn’t been changed.
- Windows run sluggishly.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 404?
Intuit QuickBooks error message 404 is a runtime error that may be fixed by following some effective methods. Here, we have mentioned some of the troubleshooting methods that may help you eliminate the update error 404.
Step 1: Check your Internet Settings
- At first, you have to open Internet Explorer and visit www.google.com to check if you have a stable internet connection & speed.
- If the website isn’t reachable, you need to check your internet connection settings to avoid any issues.
- If you can access the websites, then open the QuickBooks application and click Internet Connection Setup under the Help menu.
- Now, click on Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings option under the Internet connection settings.
- At last, click on Next> Done.
Step 2: Check the Bandwidth Latency
- Firstly, you have to open any of your frequently opened websites in Internet Explorer.
- If there is any lag while opening a URL, you need to refresh the internet settings and try again.
- If the prompt “Page Can’t be displayed” or “Connect to the Internet” appears on your screen, then you need to turn off and turn on your wireless router or the internet switch. Then, try to open the URL again.
- If you cannot open the URL again, you need to contact your Internet service provider before proceeding to the next step.
- After that, restart your computer system and try again.
- Lastly, you need to set Internet Explorer as the default browser.
If the above steps haven’t resolved QB Error 404, then you must proceed to the next one.
Step 3: Reconfigure the System Settings Optimum QuickBooks Performance
- To begin, you must sign out from the company file and close your QuickBooks.
- Then, update your Windows system and restart the computer when prompted.
- After that, open Internet Explorer> Tools Menu and select Internet Options.
- Afterward, click on the Advanced option and browse right on the bottom in settings.
- You have to check the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 box if you haven’t and then click on OK.
- Further, you must close all the programs and save the in-process information.
- Further, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys and type MSConfig and click OK.
- On your System, you have to click on General on the configuration screen.
- From the StartUp Selection, click on the Selective Startup option and click OK.
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks and the company files.
- Lastly, you must start the process wherever you are getting error 404 when updating QuickBooks.
Step 4: Check your Firewall and Antivirus Settings
- Initially, click on the Start icon on your desktop and type Firewall in the search box.
- Then, click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Check if your Firewall setting has blocked QuickBooks services from accessing the Internet Connection.
- Then, you have to remove QuickBooks services from the list of blocked applications.
- If it didn’t work for you, open your antivirus application’s firewall and remove any QuickBooks service from the blocked list.
Step 5: Repair and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- If you repair 404 error, it may help you fix common application installation faults that may further help remove the QuickBooks online error 404. For that, you may follow Method 5 from the article QuickBooks Error 80029c4a for repairing QuickBooks.
- If repairing does not help fix QB error 404, you must try to reinstall the application using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Step 6: Scan Windows for any Infections
To follow this troubleshooting step, you need an antivirus application that is installed on your Windows system. If an antivirus is installed then, you need to scan your computer for infection removal. You may also download and install a virus and malware removal tool.
Need Help to Fix Intuit QB Error 404?
As you are here, we hope the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you eliminate QuickBooks error 404. If you are stuck and need assistance, then we suggest you contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team. Our expert team is available round the clock at your service.
QuickBooks Error Message 404 FAQs
It may be due to a corrupt windows registry that occurs due to a change in the installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
Error 404 in QB Desktop is a Run time error that takes place while installing the QuickBooks desktop.
Well, there are several other reasons. One such reason is that you might have undergone an incomplete or corrupt QB installation.
No, it’s easier to fix QuickBooks connection error 404. All you need to do is follow an effective troubleshooting guide. You may also take the assistance of our experts.
There are numerous methods available that can help you fix QuickBooks enterprise error 404. To name one such way is that you need to check your Firewall and Antivirus Settings.