QuickBooks can keep a record and automatically calculate each employee’s gross and net pay using QuickBooks Basic Payroll, QuickBooks standard payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced payroll, and even QuickBooks Assisted payroll. Sometimes this feature can malfunction due to Quickbooks Update error 15102. This error generally appears when a user tries to download or install the latest payroll updates. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
“ Error 15102:Failed to reset update.”
Steps to fix QuickBooks Update error 15102 are complex and difficult to follow. If you are not very tech-savvy, we will advise you to reach our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number 855-738-0359 in order to ensure that no data is lost.
What Are The Causes For QuickBooks Error 15102?
QuickBooks error 15102 can be caused because of three different reasons involving the mode you are using, the profile you logged in with and the accessibility of your file:-
- Your shared download is enabled, but the specified download location is not valid or is inaccessible.
- You are running QBD in a multi-user mode in a terminal services environment.
- For Windows Vistas users, you must not be logged in or running as Windows Administrator.
Note:- Make sure you have an active payroll subscription. Also, Update your QuickBooks application to the latest available version and download the latest tax table.
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Payroll error 15102 involve changing the mode you are working in, mapping the file location and remapping the drive. Follow the given instructions step by step:-
Step 1- Switching QB to Single User Mode
As we discussed, working in multi-user mode can lead to Quickbooks Update error 15102. Switch it to a single-user mode can fix the error and you can switch back to multiuser mode if you need to:-
- Log out of Quickbooks from all other systems except yours.
- Tap on Files.
- Select Switch to single-user mode.
Step 2- Ensure the Mapped file location is correct.
One reason for QuickBooks error code 15102 is that the download location you are trying to reach is not valid. You need to check the Download Location and whether Shared Download is set to yes or no:-
- Press CTRL+ 1, and it will open the Product Information window. Not down the mapped location.
Example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]
- Tap on Help and then Update QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Options Tab and ensure that the information in Download Location is right.
- If Shared Download is set to Yes, the Download Location drive must match the drive listed in the Product Information box.
- If Shared Download is set to No, the Download Location directory should match the QuickBooks Desktop installation path.
- You will have to change the state of location if your Download location is wrong.
- Select No for shared download if Yes is selected and tap on Save.
- Select Yes for Shared Download if No is selected and tap on Save.
- Tap on Close and download the latest tax table again.
If it resolves your issues, then you can skip the further steps, else continue with the next one..
Step-3 Remap Drive to a Different letter
If your Download location turned out to be right, the next thing to do is remap your network drive to a new letter:-
- Close your QBD company file.
- Press the window’s start button.
- Type This PC in the search bar and select This PC from the results.
- Select Map a network drive under the computer tab.
- Choose any unused drive letter and select Browse.
- Now go to the network location where you stored your QuickBooks company file.
Note:- You can try using the IP address of the server if you are facing difficulty mapping the network drive using the UNC.
- Tap on OK and then Finish.
- Now open your company file using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on Help and then Update QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Options tab.
- Switch Shared Download off and then back on again.
- Make sure that the download location is now using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Tap on Save and then close.
- Now download the latest tax table again.
Note:- Step 4 is for Windows Vistas users.
Step 4- Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
If you are still facing Quickbooks payroll update error 15102, you need to run QB as administrator as it gives app special permissions to access the restricted part of your windows, which generally would be off-limits:-
- Right-click the Quickbooks icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Continue when User Account Control (UAC) prompts you to run the application.
We hope that by following the provided troubleshooting solutions step by step, your Quickbooks Update error 15102 should be resolved by now. But due to any reason, if you’re still struggling with error code 15102 in your QBD then simply contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team, who will guide you in the best possible manner.