QuickBooks has been helping businesses around the world in managing their finances. The only problem with the application is that it is infested with bugs that can affect your day-to-day work. QuickBooks native error 00008 is one such error that users might face while trying to access the archives tab. It can be caused if the file folder within the system is damaged or the data itself is corrupted.
What Is QuickBooks Native Error 00008?
QB POS native error 00008 is a very common issue that your system generally faces while working on the point of sale application. This issue occurs when you try to encompass the archive files in either .ZIP, .RAR, .SITX, .7Z, .GZ or any other format. You will be unable to open or modify the archive once you have comprehended this error notice. You only have three choices: Abort, Retry, or Ignore. The message that appears on the screen is:-
“Native error: 00008 QuickBooks POS File Processing Error, Possible Disk is Full”
What Are The Reasons Behind Error 00008 On QuickBooks Desktop?
As we mentioned this QuickBooks error code 00008 might occur when trying to access the damaged or corrupt archive file on your application. There can be multiple reasons leading to this error 00008 (invalid size or checksum of file or unsupported compression format)message:-
- There is damage in the Archive file, or it has become incompatible.
- The issue might arise if you have recently installed ZIP Genius.
- The error might pop up when you try to use ZIP genius in order to compress the file.
Fix QuickBooks Native Error 00008 in 2 Steps
As mentioned above, ZIP Genius can be one primary reason causing the QuickBooks POS native error 00008. You need to make certain changes in order to fix the issue-
1. Uninstalling ZIP Genuis
If the issue is caused due to ZIP Genuis, you can uninstall it and use an alternative for it such as WinZIP/ WinRAR / 7ZIP etc. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Tap on the Windows button and click on Control Panel
- Go on to Change or remove programs for Windows 8/10 and Add/Remove programme section for older versions.
- Find and select ZIP genius from the list of programmes on your screen.
- Click on Uninstall option and then follow the on-screen command
- Once ZIP Genuis is removed from your system, restart your computer and then download an alternative.
2. Download and Install the latest version of ZIP Genuis
There is a possibility that the QuickBooks POS native error 00008 might be occurring because you have been using an outdated version of ZIP Genuis, You need to install the latest version, but before that, you would still need to Uninstall ZIP Genius on your system following Method 1-
- Go on to ZIP Genuis official website.
- Download the latest version of the software available and Install it following the on-screen instructions
- Now Restart the application.
These methods can be a bit difficult to follow for a person who is not very tech-savvy. if you are facing any difficulty, we will advise you to contact our expert team at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1 855.738.0359 for Instant help!
So this has been all about QuickBooks native error 00008. We mentioned all the possible causes and different ways to fix QuickBooks POS error 00008. We hope now you know what you need to do whenever such an issue arises. QuickBooks offers many things for managing a business. If you own a small or large business, we advise you to give it at least one try.