QuickBooks accounting software stands above all the other such programs in the world. It is user-friendly and saves a lot of your time and energy. Despite these advances, you may come across some technical bugs such as “QuickBooks Script Error.” And this happens to be one of the most confusing issues of QB. It happens to be amongst the list of those errors which does not show any early signs or symptoms. And it isn’t easy to find the root cause of this problem.
A QuickBooks script error is an issue that occurs when trying to access a webpage from a QuickBooks 2016 application in Windows 10, 8, and 7. Besides, several other reasons can trigger the script error in QuickBooks 2011. In this blog, we will take into account the reasons that lead to this issue, along with its resolution methods. Let’s have a look at this technical snag in detail.
Is the QuickBooks Script Error Message hindering your workflow, and you need immediate troubleshooting assistance? Don’t Worry If you are a newbie or non-technical to perform the given step, dial our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359 to avail of the swift solution.
What Is QuickBooks Script Error?
When you try to access the webpage, it will not load or take time to open. A script error message will pop-up due to, your system will respond slowly. Thus, it is necessary for you to resolve the error as soon as possible.
Script Error Message:
"An error has occurred on the script of this page Line: 7 Char: 561 Error: Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference Code: 0 URL:https://a166211981.cdn.optimizely.com/client_storage/a166211981.html" oR “A script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly.” oR “The error has occurred in the script of this page”
These Script errors are still a common occurrence among Internet surfers. Most of the time you will see this msg when you are using Internet explorer. Nowadays, a lot of programs use internet explorer script. If you want to know the causes of this QuickBooks script error line 0 and stop running this script error, then follow the mentioned below:
Why Do You Encounter Internet Explorer Script Error Messages?
You must get a brief idea about what is a script error in QuickBook from the above information. There are a number of reasons why QuickBooks (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016) has a script error and interrupts your ongoing work. Here, we have mentioned the major causes that you should be aware of to get rid of the Intuit QB script error message hassle-free:
- The error takes place due to disabled/blocked script processing functions.
- Any malware/spyware or infection in your system can lead to this issue.
- It might be possible that you would have made some changes to the system prior to the occurrence of the script error.
- Getting intermittent script error with one website.
- There might be damaged in the script plugin or software, i.e. JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, etc.
- The data that you have downloaded from the web source is incompatible with the format of script software.
- Your default browsers cache folder is either full or corrupted.
- There might be damaged or missing active X components.
- The script debugging feature might be enabled.
- The script function is blocked by a firewall or third party application.
- The QuickBooks data file that you are using is damaged.
- Windows user is corrupted or damaged.
If you see the QuickBooks java script error message in a pop-up like “https:cdnoptimizely.com/js/10451337354.js” don’t be panic just follow the mentioned below steps.
What can be the common signs to identify QuickBooks Script Error?
Although many users have registered that there were no early signs, here are some common identifiers. If you happen to see a lag in your device or something; make sure to verify amongst these.
- You will not be able to work on your Internet Explorer seamlessly. It will start to respond slower to all requests.
- If your online activities are prohibited by the Windows Firewall even after allowing it manually.
- You are unable to navigate across the screen while using Quickbooks. First, it becomes difficult to do this, and then you won’t be able to do it even a bit.
- Downloading the updates of Quickbooks Desktop will also become a difficult task.
- The time-out messages will become quite frequent than ever before on your browser.
How To Fix QuickBooks Script Error Code 0?
Well, by now you may be well aware of various reasons that can cause a QuickBooks desktop script error code 0. And thus, you are in a situation where you can perform various troubleshooting steps. Moreover, this is possible only when you know what error has occurred in your system. To help you, we have mentioned below some effective solutions that can help you to remove the Internet explorer script error or stop running this script error as soon as possible. Let’s start!
Solution 1: Clear Cache data in Order to Fix QB Script Error Code 0
- First, you need to open Internet Explorer.
- After that, click on the tools option.
- Then, click on Internet options, followed by the general tab.
- Now, you have to click on the delete option available under the browsing history.
- To proceed further, checkmark all the options like cookies, history & temporary internet files.
- In the end, click on apply and OK.
- In the end, click on apply and OK.
Read also: How To Troubleshoot QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer Error?
Solution 2: Turn Off Add-Ons In IE To Fix Internet Explorer Script Error
Follow the given steps to turn off Script Error Notification.
- In the first place, you have to open Internet Explorer.
- Then, navigate to tools.
- After that, click on Internet options.
- Once done, choose the programs tab followed by manage add-ons.
Have the above methods helped you to resolve QuickBooks script error line 1? If not, then don’t panic! You can go ahead and follow the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 3: Set Internet Explorer As Your Default Browser
One of the best ways to get rid of QB Script Error is to ensure that Internet Explorer is your default browser. Here is what has to be done for doing this.
- First of all you will have to open the Internet explorer on your desktop.
- Then just click on the “Gear icon” that’s there on the upper right corner.
- Next, you will have to select the “internet options” and then the “program tab.”
- Head to the “default web browser” option and then select the “make default button.”
- And you will now have to select “Ok.”
Once this is done you will then have to follow these steps to ensure the smooth functioning of your QB.
- Launch your Internet Explorer and this is the first thing you will have to do.
- From here you have to go to the “Command Bar” and then choose “Tools” from the list of options.
- Next, you will have to choose “Internet Options” after which the selection of the “Security tab” is needed.
- Then, you need to click on “trusted sites” and then choose the “sites” option.
- From there navigate to the “add” option and include the website to the zone field.
- Here you will have to enter “Intuit.com” and then select the “Add” option.
- Head to the “trusted sites” window on your desktop and then uncheck the option of “enable protected mode.”
- Now, you will have to close the browser.
After this, you can also configure your firewall security settings for the desktop that is being used. This will make sure that the internet access will not be interrupted and will go through.
Solution 4: Add Quickbooks as a Trusted Website To Your Browser
It will show the error like:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line 22 Char 2 Error “$” Code 0 URL https://[email address removed]/sgn-rs/api/v1/lpd/las_box?param1=25¶m2=las
It means the webpage prevents you from doing this process. If you want to get rid of this script error message, then you have to use Internet explorer as a default browser and configure it. Follow the mentioned below steps to configure Internet explorer and fix the internet explorer script error:
- Firstly, you have to open Internet Explorer and then select Tools.
- After that, navigate to the Internet Options.
- Moving ahead, click on the Security tab.
While proceeding, you need to make sure that you ask your IT department or professional executive to complete these required steps to resolve the QuickBooks script error line 0
- Operating System Files Check in Windows
- Open Command prompt
- Type SFC/SCANNOW to scan system files
Warning: One needs to know that it is a long process and thus, can take several minutes to run.
- Disk error checking in Windows
- Go to Computer
- Right-click on the C:/ drive
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Under the Error-checking section, click the Check Now button.
Solution 5: Disable Script Debugging
Follow the given step by step instruction here, It will help you to disable script debugging in Internet Explorer with ease:
- In the first place, navigate to the internet options available in internet explorer.
- Then, you have to click on the Advanced tab.
- Once done, you have to scroll down below to two options:
- Disable Script debugging Internet Explorer
- Disable script debugging other
- Check both the options and then, click on Apply followed by OK.
Solution 6: Configure Security Settings
If you have enabled any script blocking feature in the default windows security application, then its essential for you to disable it. For that, you have options:
- Either configure the security application.
- Or take the assistance of a QuickBooks expert remotely that can guide you with handy solutions to fix QuickBooks script error startup.
Solution 7: Re-Install The Plugin Software
It might be possible that there is some damage to the script processing application. To repair, all you need to do is re-install or repair the accounting software.
- For that, firstly, you have to locate the plugins that are installed in your control panel.
- Then, you need to re-install all the plugins like JAVA, ADOBE FLASH, and .Net framework.
Solution 8: Verify Active Scripting and Then Uninstall Active X
Active X controls are disabled in a high-security level in Internet Explorer.
- To begin the troubleshooting method, you need to first open IE and move to the internet options.
- Then, select tools and click on the Security tab.
- After that, Click on default level followed by OK.
- At times, there might be some damage in the Active X that might restrict the browser to display QuickBooks data. Further, you have to uninstall the file for unblocking the access to your QuickBooks file.
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer
- While you start, navigate to the options available in the IE.
- Then, click on Settings followed by the option view objects.
- Later, it’s essential to check all ActiveX files that you have currently installed in your system.
- Then, you need to locate the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Lastly, make sure that you have shut all the internet explorer running windows. And, finally, delete the located files from the system.
Solution 9: Create SSL certificates from Internet Explorer
- Select the internet option by clicking the gear icon from IE.
- From the content tab click on the clear SSL state button.
- Click ok to save the changes.
Solution 10: Repair QB Data File
Well, if there is an issue with your QuickBooks company file, then you can repair it by using the QuickBooks file doctor. For that, you need to first download and install QuickBooks file doctor from the official QuickBooks download page. Once done, it will find out the related errors and correct in on its own.
What if QuickBooks Enterprise is still giving Script Errors.
We hope the above-mentioned resolution methods have helped you learn how to fix internet script error message with no trouble. We have tried to make it easier for you to understand the steps required to troubleshoot this issue. Even though, if you are stuck and can’t proceed further, we suggest you take the assistance of our professional experts, Contact Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team at +1(855)-738-0359. We will help you resolve your query related to the QuickBooks script error at the earliest. If affordable troubleshooting is what you are aiming at, then you must go ahead and reach us. We are just a call away!
FAQ – QB Script Errors
Ans: Whenever the browser you are using is out of date, or possibly the programming language is newer than installed on your web browser could be the cause to stop opening the company file.