Running a company file on your system requires a lot of functioning elements. Users run into QuickBooks error 6143 if there is any damage in the company file’s components. Users need to repair the damages in order to fix this error. QuickBooks error code 6143 is specific to the desktop versions of QB. Incomplete installation or malware attack can also lead to it. The error message that appears on the screen is:-
“Sorry! Something went wrong! Please try starting over.“
“Are you unable to run your company file due to QuickBooks error message 6143? Worry not, Reach out to Asquare Cloud Hosting’s expert team, and they will guide you on how to fix it.”
Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Error 6143
QuickBooks Desktop error 6143 can occur primarily due to damaged QB components, installation-related issues, and virus attacks. The complete list of reasons is as follows:-
- The company file or QuickBooks application is damaged.
- QuickBooks files were attacked by viruses or malware.
- The installation process wasn’t completely successful.
- Running QuickBooks processes is interfering with opening the company file.
- There is some damage to the Windows components of the workstation you are using to run the QB application.
The 3 Troubleshooting Methods For QuickBooks Error 6143
The methods to resolve error 6143 QuickBooks involve figuring out if the problem is with the QuickBooks company file or the QB application, running the file locally, and closing all the background processes. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Method 1- Run a Sample Company File
Users need to figure out if the problem is with the QuickBooks application or the company file. If you are able to run a sample file, the problem is with the QB application, which will have an entirely different set of troubleshooting methods. These are the steps you need to follow to run the sample file:-
- Open QuickBooks in the No Company Open window.
- Click on Sample Company File and choose the sample company files.
- Make sure that the sample company file is opened on local workstations.
- If QuickBooks error 6143 appears when you try to run a sample file, repair QuickBooks installation.
Method 2- Run Your Company File Locally
The damaged location of your company file can prevent it from running and also lead to error code 6143 in QuickBooks. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Open the folder that has your QuickBooks company file.
- Look for the file having the name of your company file with .qbw extension.
- Right-click on it and select Copy from the drop-down list.
- Go to your desktop and right-click anywhere, then tap on Paste.
- Now run the QuickBooks Desktop application and tap on the File menu.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company file and navigate to the file you pasted on the desktop and open it.
If you can open the company file, the problem is with the location of your company file. You can now run it from your desktop.
Method 3- Close All The Background Processes
QuickBooks error 6143 can occur if any running process interferes with opening your company file. You need to close these processes by following steps:-
- Log into your system from an admin profile.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, and the task manager window will open up.
- Go to the Processes tab and end all tasks.
- Then try to open your company file and check if the error is resolved or not.
So this has been all about QuickBooks error 6143. We hope that now you will be able to access your company file and run it on all your workstations. If this error still persists and you now have no clue what shall be done, the next logical step is to reach out to an expert at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number, and they will guide you on how to fix it.