Every software, including QuickBooks, keeps on improving itself by bringing regular updates. If you want to keep your application away from errors like the Intuit Download Manager Error. We suggest you must install the updates as soon as they are released. Regularly updating not only makes your software smoother but also gives you a chance to use the recently integrated features, tools, and functions. Usually, this error happens when your firewall is blocking your software from establishing a connection with the server. Apart from this, incomplete download files, damaged files, and installation errors can also lead to download manager error in Quickbooks.
To help you download the QuickBooks installation files securely, Intuit Download Manager comes to play. But it’s effective only when you virtually download QuickBooks and not from a CD. However, there might be instances when you may end up with issues while trying to download certain files. Of these, Intuit Download Manager error is one that occurs either because of an incomplete download or a damaged QuickBooks download folder.
It surely restricts you from utilizing the advanced features and thus, you must resolve it at the earliest. But before doing so, you must know the other reasons that result in this issue. We have covered all such causes in the next section of this blog.
If you are looking for some advanced solutions to fix the QuickBooks Download Manager server returned an error you might have to take help from an expert. For that, you can reach out to our experts by giving us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Download Manager Error
There can be multiple reasons that can lead to this problem. A damaged QuickBooks download folder or incomplete download of the file can result in Intuit download manager error. However, there are many other reasons as well, which we have listed below:
- It can occur when you install or download the QuickBooks company file and it fails for any reason.
- An Anti-virus or third-party application can also result in a QuickBooks download manager error. As there are chances that the connection might be barred.
- It may also occur if QuickBooks fails to meet the minimum system requirements.
- When the download files are incomplete or harmed due to any reason.
- If the downloaded folder gets damaged due to any reason on your desktop.
How To Fix Intuit Download Manager Fatal Error?
Surely, a lot of your work comes at a standstill due to the occurrence of Intuit download manager error. Thus, you need to resolve it at the earliest. To help you do so, below we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting solutions by following which you can resolve the Intuit Download Manager fatal error:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
There are many installation issues such as Intuit download manager error that you may end up with while using the QuickBooks application. To fix the majority of these, you can try the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. To use the tool, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, download QuickBooks Tool hub from Intuit’s official website by clicking Here.
- Once downloaded, save it on a preferred location.
- Double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Now, agree to the terms and conditions to setup QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. And then, the tool will appear on the desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on Installation Issues.
- From there, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run for 20 minutes if the Intuit download manager server returned an error.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
Read more: Update Quickbooks Desktop to Latest Version 2021 – Explained
Method 2: Manually fix the QuickBooks Download Manager Error
At times, damage in the Windows component can also result in the Intuit download manager error. To fix this, you have to repair or re-install the components.
Fix and register the damaged MSXML DLL Files
- Open the Run Window by pressing Windows + R keys. Type cmd in the text field and press the Enter key.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll in the prompt that opens up and press the Enter key.
- Then, install the QuickBooks Desktop application and check if Intuit download manager error has been fixed or not.
Repair MSXML 6.0
- Download and save the msi installation files to the desktop.
- Click on the Windows icon and search: exe/fvaum“%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and press the Enter key.
- Once you install MSXML 6.0, try installing the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Fix the Microsoft .NET Framework Error
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel.
- From there, go to the Programs and Features and select Uninstall a Program.
- Then, select Turn Windows features on or off option.
- Further, search for .NET Framework on the list.
- Now, proceed with the below-given steps to check for .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Check for the .NET Framework 4.5 or later
- If .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox isn’t marked
- Make sure to mark the checkbox and click OK to save the changes.
- Then, Restart your computer.
- If .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox is marked
- Turn off the .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox and Save the changes by clicking OK.
- Then, Restart the computer.
- Once logged into Windows, you can turn on .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- Check for the .NET Framework SP1
- If .NET Framework SP1 checkbox isn’t marked
- Turn it on and click on OK to save the changes.
- Restart your computer.
- If .NET Framework SP1 checkbox is marked
- Turn off the .NET Framework SP1 and Save the changes.
- Restart the computer.
- Once logged into the Windows, you may turn on .NET Framework SP1.
Method 3: Configure Firewall settings
You might end up with an Intuit download manager error while you try to use the Sophos XG firewall. To fix the issue, turn off some settings of the firewall by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the Firewall tab and check the list of active firewalls affecting the computer. Then, click on Edit.
- Under the Application Control section, select None or Allow All.
- Save the changes by clicking OK.
- Try to download the application once you have followed the above steps and check for the error status. If it persists, then you have to edit the Web Policy to ‘None’ or ‘Allow All.’
- Lastly, click on Save to confirm the changes and check whether the ‘QuickBooks download manager – Error’ persists.
Read more: Windows Firewall Is Blocking QuickBooks? Here’s How To Fix It
Need Expert Help To Fix Download Manager Error!
We hope the solutions mentioned above would have helped you fix Intuit download manager error without much trouble. However, if you get stuck and couldn’t fix the issue, then, we would suggest you contact our experts by giving us a call on the Asquare Cloud Hosting helpline number at +1(855)-738-0359.
Related Search Terms
intuit download manager error 2017, intuit download manager the server returned an error,