If you have been using QuickBooks for some time now; you must know that Other QB 6000-series errors occur when your company file malfunctions. QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is one of them and it happens when you are unable to open the company file. There are many causes and signs that can help you in determining this problem and get the best solution.
You might also receive this issue when you try creating the company file and couldn’t do it. You might get error messages popping up on the screen that says, “An error occurred when trying to open the file” or “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” This is a direct indication that you are being bugged by QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -80. You must also know that this problem usually occurs when you are using the software in a multi-user environment.
What Might Have Caused this Issue on Your Desktop?
If you want to fix QB error code 6000 80 then you will have to look for the cause. In this, you will have to check what’s causing this issue. If you are able to determine the cause properly, it will help in getting the solution correctly.
So, here are some common reasons why you might have got the problem in the first place.
- Maybe your Windows Defender is blocking the execution of the command you just gave.
- Then if your files are corrupt that include .TLG, .QBW, .ND, .QBB.
- And the network configuration is not set appropriately; then also this can cause a lot of issues.
- The next reason why this might have happened is because the file path is wrong.
- When there is an issue in accessing or hosting the Quickbooks File; then also this problem can arise.
Solving the QuickBooks Error 6000, -82 Quickly on Your Desktop
To resolve a problem, there are so many things that can be done. All you need to do is pick the right solution. And that can be done by determining the cause of this error. If you are resolving Quickbooks error code 6000 82 there can be a lot of ways to get it done.
Note: Before you head to the resolving part, ensure that you have updated your Quickbooks to its most recent version. Also it is recommended that you fix the network and company file issue using your QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Once you have done this, here are some quick solutions that can help in fixing the problem of QuickBooks Error 6000, -82.
Solution 1: Try Removing The Spaces in The Complete Name
A lot of times when you get this problem; it is due to the incorrect naming. When there are spaces between your company file extension or in-between the name. In this case, the best way to fix the problem is delete all those spaces. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all, you will have to log out the Quickbooks Desktop from all the devices.
- Next, try opening the folder where you have stored your company file.
- Now right click on the company file and from the list of options that open in front of you- choose “rename.”
- From there you will have to then select the file name. And when this opens; you will have to check if and where the spaces are in the entire name. If you are able to spot any such thing in the just delete the spaces. Wherever you have spotted them.
- Then you will have to just try and open the company file. And if possible, try to create a company file.
This solution will help in fixing the issue. But if it doesn’t you might have to switch to the next step or solution. As the problem highly depends on the reason causing this issue.
Solution 2: Try Turning off The Hosting on Every Computer with QB
For the correct execution of this solution to solve QuickBooks Company file Error 6000 82 you will have to follow the steps in order. There is another important thing that has to be kept in mind while the execution of this problem and that’s the access.
Here both the things are given as per their access point. So make sure you do it correctly. Listed below is the “per access” mark that is going to help you.
Users in the single-user access mode
Note: Turn off the hosting mode so that you are in the single-user mode.
- Now, open your QuickBooks software and then navigate to the “File tab” and click on it.
- From there just go to the “utility section” and then head to “stop hosting multi-user access.”
- If you are able to see the “stop hosting multi-user access” pop-up on your screen; then just click on the “yes” button.
- And when the “company file must be closed” message pops-up on the screen. Just click on the “yes” button.
Users in the multi-user access mode
Note: In this mode, if you get this error, that means your client computer is incorrectly set up to host the multi-user access. And in this case, you need to follow these steps.
- For every device that is displaying the error you will have to follow the solution.
- Open the QuickBooks desktop and then open the “No company open” window on the tab.
- And then you will have to choose the “file” tab and then select “utilities.”
- Here then you will have to select the “host multi-user access” and look if they are indicating hosting multi-user access.
- Now you will choose the “stop hosting multi-user access” option.
- There can be more than one client computer that might be displaying “stop hosting multi-user access.” And this indicates that all these computers are hosting the access of multi-user mode.
- Now, you will have to choose the “stop hosting multi-user access” on any of the client computers that has this message displayed.
- You will now have to follow the prompts of turning off the hosting.
- Then just try opening the file showing this problem. And then in the login window you need to check.
Solution 3: Use the Quick Fix my Program Tool on the Computer
One of the best ways to get rid of “6000 82 QuickBooks error” is to use the Quick Fix my program tool. And in order to execute this problem; you will have to follow these steps.
- First of all you will have to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. And if you already have it on your system; just update the tool hub.
- After this, you will have to run the “File Doctor” on your system. And then just wait for it.
- Open the tools hub and then choose the “program problems” option from the list.
- Then you will have to just choose the “Quick Fix my Program” option from it.
- Now let the process get completed. And it might take a few minutes.
- When the entire thing is done; you will have to just fix it.
- And once you are done with it; then just start your Quickbooks Desktop once more.
- And then open your data file to check whether the problem is fixed or still remains.
Solution 4: Switch to Hosting Local and Remote File in Multi-User Access
This is another way to get rid of error 6000 82 in the QuickBooks Software. And if the other solution given above does not work out; then perform this procedure. Here is what you will have to do in order to execute this problem.
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and then click on the “F2” button. This is going to open the “product information window” for you.
- Then you just need to verify the “local server information” and this will be there on the bottom of the screen.
- Your hosting should be set to local files only. And make sure that this is done before you proceed any further.
- Then you need to choose the “File Menu” and then choose “switch to multi-user mode.”
- Next, you need to open the company file on your computer network. And look for more information. For that you will have to head to the help section and then “set up multi-user” or “network for Quickbooks desktop” resource page.
- As soon as your company file is opened, you will have to then press the “F2 key” on your keyboard.
- Just verify your local server information and then set the hosting to local files only.
- There are high chances that your problem will get fixed after you execute this solution.
Important: QuickBooks remote access is a feature that allows users to securely access QuickBooks, the popular business accounting software, from any remote location. This allows users can access the software from their home, office, or even while they are on the go.
Solution 5: Try Restarting the client computer
The next way to fix this problem of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 82 is to simply restart the client computer. And that’s a very easy way to get this problem sorted. For this all you need to do is restart the client desktop. And check whether the problem still persists or not.
Understanding the problem and looking for a solution that suits it the most is what you want. And if these methods didn’t work out for you, don’t worry. Rather just give a call on the toll-free Asquare Cloud Hosting Support number +1(855)-738-0359 and connect with one of our tech experts.
They will not only help you in diagnosing the problem but also in the execution of the solution. As soon as you get in touch with them they will look at the problem, find the root cause, and then pick the best solution for QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -82. So you will not have to worry about anything in this regard.