Intuit QuickBooks provides many features that help businesses manage their finances and accounts. It stores all the company data, which can be easily accessible by the users. But sometimes, when users try to open the company’s file, they face a QuickBooks error 80070057. When it takes place, an error message flashes on your computer screen that reads:
- “80070057: The Parameter Is Incorrect”
- “Error 0x80070057: parameter is incorrect”
- “an error code occurred while performing this action”,
- “There was an unexpected error while trying to run QuickBooks Company file- C:/users/Public/Desktop/TurboTax2015.lnk”
- “Windows could not find backup devices on this computer”.
One of the reasons is that the user does not have enough permission to delete the files from a particular folder. Thus, one must have read/write along with creating/delete rights for accessing the company file. Another reason can be when the QuickBooks Account Manager tries to make a company file in QB, and thus, it fails to open while you try to open the same file. An error message appears that says that the file was created in an earlier version. To get rid of the QuickBooks Error 80070057, follow this blog till the end. It will help you get aware of the causes and their quick fixes.
Wondering how to fix QuickBooks error code 80070057: the parameter is incorrect? Instead of running the danger of losing company files and meeting additional issues, it is preferable to let the professionals handle the technical aspects. Our team is ready around the clock to assist you in resolving all QuickBooks issues and providing information on relevant issues. Dial our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
What Does The QuickBooks Error 80070057 Mean?
QuickBooks error 0x80070057, the parameter is incorrect, is a run-time error message that generally occurs when you try to access the QuickBooks company file. This error is commonly associated with communication issues with the QuickBooks company file over the internet on a different machine. In simple words, QuickBooks error 80070057 means you don’t have the correct permission to delete or eliminate QuickBooks files from the specified folders. You can access the QB utility in the multi-user environment.
Why Am I Stuck With QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
To resolve an authentication error 0x80070057 at the earliest, you must be aware of the possible triggers that can lead to QuickBooks error 80070057. Here, we have listed some of the significant reasons to make it easy for you:
- You must have opted for an incorrect method for opening the company file. For instance, you would have clicked the file to open it instead of accessing it from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks won’t be able to access your file if it is located on a different computer in the network.
- The Windows Firewall application installed on your computer is restricting QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
- The Bit Defender antivirus has blocked access to the ports that QuickBooks requires to communicate with the internet.
- Another reason behind QuickBooks error code 80070057 is incomplete or improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- You must have stored the company file on an external storage device like an external hard drive or a USB drive.
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057?
By this point in time, you are well aware of the causes that evoke the QuickBooks error message 80070057. Thus, you must go ahead and follow the below steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 80070057:
Solution 1: Open your company file correctly
To eliminate issues like Windows Update Error 80070057 QuickBook, the parameter is incorrect, you need to ensure that you’re opening the company files correctly.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop application in the first place and then, select the company file.
- Then, click on Open.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
You may also try to update QuickBooks desktop as per the latest version to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057. It improves QB functionality by adding new features that benefit your business in processing the company’s accounts and finance activities. Besides, updating QB to the latest version improves its ability to handle the software. You need to restart your computer and then reset the QuickBooks updates.
Further, try to download and install the latest QuickBooks update. It will help you perform the tasks efficiently in QuickBooks without getting stuck with the Windows installer if the parameter is incorrect to issue. If an error still occurs, move to the next solution and learn how to repair error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect easily.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks with admin permissions
To run QuickBooks without error code 80070057, you need to make sure that it has all the necessary admin rights
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application in the first place.
- Right-click the QB icon and select Run as administrator.
- However, if your company file did not open automatically, then select the company file and click on Open.
Solution 4: Move your company file to the default location
You might end up with error code 80070057 QuickBooks if your company file is saved in a different location. Thus, you need to move it to its default location. To do so, you must follow the below-given steps:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and browse to the location of your company file.
- Right-click the company file (.QBW) and then select Copy.
- Browse to the default location, right-click, and select the Paste option.
Location: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
- Open QuickBooks and click on the Find a company file option followed by Local Drives.
- Then, search the company file name and select the correct company file followed by Open.
Note: If you’re a multi-user, then, you must not forget to share your files after you moved it.
Solution 5: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
You might come across several issues like error QuickBooks 80070057 while working on your company file and thus, it puts your work at a halt. Thus, you need to resolve it at the earliest to continue your work. To do so, you may download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Solution 6: Manually Resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 80070057
If you want to manually resolve the QB code error 0x80070057, follow the given steps carefully:
Step 1: Rename the .ND file
- Browse to your company file location and search for the corresponding .ND file of your company file. For Example: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Right-click the .ND file and select the Rename option.
- Type in .old at the end of the file name. For Example: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old
Note: If you’re using QuickBooks in Multi-user mode, then you can proceed to the next step.
Step2: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
- Make sure to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you haven’t already.
- Open the tool hub and select Network Issues.
- After that, select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If you haven’t installed QuickBooks on your server, then, you’ll be prompted to install it.
- In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, click on Start Scan when your company file folders are displayed. However, if it didn’t, then, browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- At last, click on Close.
Solution 7: Reconfigure Bit Defender antivirus for allowing connections
Note: If you’re using BitDefender, then, make sure it excludes the QuickBooks folder from scanning.
- First, open the Bit Defender application on your Desktop.
- Then, select Antivirus from the Dashboard.
- After that, click on Custom Level and select Exclude Path from Scan.
- Click the New Item option and select the company file on your computer.
Need Professional Assistance!
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this blog helped you fix the QuickBooks Error 80070057 without any hassle. However, it can be quite annoying when you continue to get QB errors. Our QB Proadvisors specialize in fixing QB errors and resolving related issues. Connect to our team at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number (855)-738-0359 and allow them to fix the QB errors for you.
Related Search Terms
80070057 error code 2008 QuickBooks pro, QuickBooks unexpected error 80070057, status code 80070057, 0x80070057 backup error, QB 0x80070057 restore error, QB company file error 80070057,