If it’s accounting that you are dealing with, QuickBooks can be of immense help. But with numerous advanced features, it comes with multiple issues like the QuickBooks Error Code 6010. It is one of the technical snags that can hamper your work productivity. QuickBooks Error Code 6010, 100 is one such issue that doesn’t allow the users to open the company file. And being one of the 6000 series errors, it is quite common too. And it relates to the issues of your company files.
“Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, -100)
Well, don’t panic if you get stuck with such issues. We have come up with this blog, discussing the causes and its quick fixes.
Why do you encounter QB Error 6010 while installing QuickBooks desktop? Contact our QuickBooks Helpline Number for instant resolution by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number
What Is QuickBooks Error 6010?
QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100 is an error caused by a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file. It can also be caused by a problem with the computer’s operating system, a damaged or corrupted company file or a damaged or corrupted QB installation. This error usually occurs when a user is trying to open a company file or when a user is trying to access a company file through the network. This error can be resolved by either restoring the company file from a backup, performing a repair or reinstalling QB. The error signifies that QuickBooks is not allowed to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. Thus, you may end up with such an error while reinstalling QuickBooks. Besides, there are several other reasons as well that we have discussed below.
Why did QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 Take Place?
As mentioned, QuickBooks Pro Error 6010 occurs due to numerous factors. To help you out, we have listed down the major ones:
- .ND files are disconnected from QuickBooks and the Log files.
- You might have put away the cleaning projects in the PC framework.
- Make sure to delete all the junk files from the Temp folder.
- Antivirus programs such as NOD32 do not allow QB to access Network and system resources.
- The QuickBooks registry file might have been deleted due to the registry optimizing the application.
- QuickBooks error 6010-100 takes place due to the system information petition’s association with the multi-client framework.
- The system information record explained above is a system gadget document and the error occurs when the company file is disengaged from QuickBooks work records.
- There can be third-party software causing this issue on your desktop. And it can be other than an anti-virus.
What can be the common signs of error 6010 in QuickBooks?
Looking for only the cause might not help accurately, rather you can get help from these signs too. Here are some common symptoms and signs of this issue.
- The most prominent and important sign to see is the error message itself.
- Also, when you are unable to access the company files; it might be a sign of error 6010.
- Also if the company file is inaccessible or non-operational in your host system- this can also be an indication of this issue.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
Now that you know what triggers QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010, it is the right time you begin implementing all the troubleshooting methods one by one:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can use the QuickBooks database server manager to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6010-100. Below we have listed the steps involved in this method:
- Firstly, restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the company file again.
- Click on Start, followed by All Programs.
- Now, open QuickBooks and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Further, select all the required Scan Folders.
- If you don’t find any folder, click on Add Folder.
- Besides, you may highlight the folder and click on scan now.
- If you come across a heading that says “QuickBooks company files found,” you must confirm that it has been found.
- Afterward, open the file and the QuickBooks icon once again.
- Lastly, sign in to the company file.
Solution 2: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- To begin, download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Then, press CTRL+J and go to download.
- There, click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Further, click on Yes to allow this app to make the required changes.
- To install it, click on Next followed by Yes again to accept the license agreement.
- Afterward, click on Next and then Install. It might consume some of your time.
- Click on Finish once the installation completes.
- Now, you have to open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the option Run QuickBooks File Doctor available under the Company File Issues tab.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Company file
If the above method didn’t work, try fixing the company file to get rid of the issue QuickBooks File Error 6010-100:
- Open the folder in which you have saved your company file.
- Then, search for the file with the extension .QBW.
- Right-click on the file and click on Copy.
- Now, you have to paste this file on your Desktop.
- After that, open QuickBooks, and it will direct you to the No Company Open Window. During this step, hold down the Control key.
- Click on the option “Open or restore an existing company’.
- Search the company file that you have copied, open it, and go to the desktop.
Solution 4: Switch to Single-user mode
Switching to single-user mode can be a great help that can help you resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6010,100. The steps involved are mentioned below:
- At first, login as Admin on the server computer.
- Then, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to bring up the task manager.
- Further, select the Users tab and Show Processes for others.
- You must highlight all the QuickBooks processes and then select End Task.
- Lastly, you must open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Rename the .ND files
You can try renaming the .ND files if none of the above methods worked for you.
- Search for all the files whose name ends with file extensions .ND.
- Once found, look for the files that are facing the issues.
- Right-click on the file and click on Rename.
- You must add OLD at the end of the file name while renaming. For example, the name of the file will be Company ABCD.nd.old.
- In the end, open QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks error 6010-100 persists.
Solution 6: Stop Multi-user Access
- Select File from the QuickBooks application menu.
- Go to Utilities and select the option Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Then, you have to close QuickBooks and reopen it.
- If you are using ESET NOD32 Antivirus software, go to the program settings> disable the feature of Internet Monitor> restart your computer.
- Rename the file by adding old at the end of it. Re-open QuickBooks if you find that the file isn’t connected.
Solution 7: Copy your Company files to the Desktop
- In the first place, right-click on the desktop screen and then click on New, followed by Folder.
- Now, move to your current company file location.
- Right-click on the company file and select Copy.
- After that, open a New Folder, right-click on it, and select Paste.
- Now, hold the Ctrl key until No Company Open Window is on the screen.
- Further, select the option Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Select Open a company file and click on Next.
- Then, search the desktop file that you copied in a new folder.
- Lastly, click on Open.
If you cannot open the file even after following the above step, proceed with the next method.
Solution 8: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
Reinstalling the QuickBooks software is one of the other options. At times, when nothing works, only a simple re-installation can help.
- Click on the start tab and move to the control panel.
- Then, click on Uninstall a program.
- After that, you must uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Now, use the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Further, you need to select the version of QuickBooks that is to be installed on the system and click on continue.
- Click on OK and then install the QuickBooks desktop to end the process.
Solution 9: Restore QuickBooks Backup File
If the above methods haven’t worked for you, there might be a possibility that your company file (.QBW) is facing some issues. You can try restoring the latest backup to get rid of this issue:
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the Ctrl key until No Company Open Window appears on your screen.
- Then, select the option Open or restore an existing company.
- Further, click on the option Restore a backup copy followed by Next.
- Lastly, follow the instructions that appear on your screen for restoring the latest backup.
Solution 10: Allow QuickBooks through your antivirus software
Many times this has been seen that the antivirus such as PC tool internet security or any other third party- can block the access of the QB software. In such cases, you will have to follow this solution.
- First of all, you will have to ensure that you are using the latest version of your antivirus software.
- Then you need to restore the “QbdmgrN.exe” and “qbdmgr.exe” from Quarantine or the virus vault.
- And also you will have to prevent the directory of your QuickBooks software from getting scanned. In order to do this you will have to add exceptions in your antivirus software.
If you are using the PC Tools Internet security
To allow, you will have to follow this set of instructions. This will help in eliminating the QB desktop error code 6010.
- Go to the “Settings menu” and then click on the “Quarantine” option.
- Next, you will have to select all the important items that have to be restored. And then click on the option of “restore.”
- After this, you need to select “yes” after which “OK.”
And now, to set up the exception list so that it doesn’t scan your QB directory- this is what has to be followed.
- Navigate to the “PC Tool Internet Security” and launch it.
- There in the software, you will have to look for the “Settings” option.
- Next, you need to click on the “Global Action List” after which choosing “add” is what has to be done.
- As soon as you select this, you will just have to select the files that have to be excluded from the scanning part of the software.
- Once done, you need to just click on “OK”
- And everything is done for good.
If you are using the AVG Anti-Virus
For the users of AVG Anti-Virus, there are a few different steps to be followed. And here you go.
- First of all you will have to shut down the QuickBooks Desktop and then launch your AVG Anti-Virus application.
- Next, you will have to double-click on the “Resident Shield” option, and from the list that opens, you need to select “Manage Exceptions.”
- Now, just choose the “Add Path” option and you will have to punch “C:\Program Files\Intuit.” (Without using the double codes.)
Note: If you have installed or moved the QuickBooks source file to a different location, you need to add that path accordingly.
- Then just click on “OK” and then “Save Changes.”
Note: There can be changes that you will have to restore all the QB files that are quarantined by your anti-virus. Then these are the set of steps to be followed.
- Open your antivirus and then click on “history.”
- Next, you will have to select the “virus vault” and then just locate the QB files that are quarantined.
- Make sure to select all the necessary files and then just click on “restore” and then “close.”
- Now, you will have to simply open the QB software.
Also check if the selected files are exempted or not for that here is what has to be followed.
- Close your QB program and then check the “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” folder. And look for any file that was renamed in the install directory.
- You just have to rename the file to its original name.
- And then launch your QB software once again.
Let the Experts Resolve your QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned above would have helped you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100 without much trouble. However, if you need professional assistance in resolving the issue, we suggest you get in touch with our professional team by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359. Our experts are available round the clock to assist you with the best solutions. Thus, feel free to discuss your queries with us at any hour of the day. We will be happy to help you.