If it’s accounting that you are dealing in, it has to be QuickBooks. It comes with numerous advanced features that make your business processes seamless. Despite these, you might end up with some technical snags that can hamper your work productivity. QuickBooks Error Code 6010, 100 is one such issue that doesn’t allow the users to open the company file. Whenever it takes place, an error message flashes on your computer screen that reads:
“Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, -100)
Well, don’t panic if you get stuck with such issues. We have come up with this blog, discussing the causes and its quick fixes.
Need Expert Help: Why do I encounter QB Error 6010 while installing QuickBooks desktop? Contact our QuickBooks Helpline Number for instant resolution by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
What Is QuickBooks Error 6010?
QuickBooks Error Code 6010 takes place if you have modified the QuickBooks installation process. Then, the user should reinstall the application and try again. The error signifies that QuickBooks is not allowed to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. Thus, you may end up with such an error while reinstalling QuickBooks. Besides, there are several other reasons as well that we have discussed below.
Why QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 Takes Place?
As mentioned, QuickBooks Pro Error 6010 occurs due to numerous factors. To help you out, we have listed down the major ones:
- .ND files are disconnected from QuickBooks and the Log files.
- You might have put away the cleaning projects in the PC framework.
- Make sure to delete all the junk files from the Temp folder.
- Antivirus programs such as NOD32 do not allow QB from accessing Network and system resources.
- The QuickBooks registry file might have been deleted due to the registry optimizing application.
- QuickBooks error 6010-100 takes place due to the system information petition’s association for the multi-client framework.
- The system information record explained above is a system gadget document and the error occurs when the company file is disengaged from QuickBooks work records.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
Now that you know what triggers QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010, it is the right time that you begin implementing all the troubleshooting methods one by one:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can use the QuickBooks database server manager to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6010-100. Below we have listed the steps involved in this method:
- Firstly, restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the company file again.
- Click on Start, followed by All Programs.
- Now, open QuickBooks and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Further, select all the required Scan Folders.
- If you don’t find any folder, click on Add Folder.
- Besides, you may highlight the folder and click on scan now.
- If you come across a heading that says “QuickBooks company files found,” you must confirm that it has been found.
- Afterward, open the file and the QuickBooks icon once again.
- Lastly, sign in to the company file.
Solution 2: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- To begin, download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Then, press CTRL+J and go to download.
- There, click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Further, click on Yes for allowing this app to make the required changes.
- For installing it, click on Next followed by Yes again to accept the license agreement.
- Afterward, click on Next and then Install. It might consume some of your time.
- Click on Finish once the installation completes.
- Now, you have to open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the option Run QuickBooks File Doctor available under the Company File Issues tab.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Company file
If the above method didn’t work, try fixing the company file to get rid of the issue QuickBooks File Error 6010-100:
- Open the folder in which you have saved your company file.
- Then, search for the file with the extension .QBW.
- Right-click on the file and click on Copy.
- Now, you have to paste this file on your Desktop.
- After that, open QuickBooks, and it will direct you to the No Company Open Window. During this step, hold down the Control key.
- Click on the option “Open or restore an existing company’.
- Search the company file that you have copied, open it, and go to the desktop.
Solution 4: Switch to Single-user mode
Switching to single-user mode can be a great help that can help you resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6010,100. The steps involved are mentioned below:
- At first, login as Admin on the server computer.
- Then, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to bring up the task manager.
- Further, select the Users tab and Show Processes for others.
- You must highlight all the QuickBooks process and then select End Task.
- Lastly, you must open the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Rename the .ND files
You can try renaming the .ND files if none of the above methods worked for you.
- Search for all the files whose name ends with file extensions .ND.
- Once found, look for the files that are facing the issues.
- Right-click on the file and click on Rename.
- You must add OLD at the end of the file name while renaming. For example, the name of the file will be Company ABCD.nd.old.
- In the end, open QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks error 6010-100 persists.
Solution 6: Stop Multi-user Access
- Select File from the QuickBooks application menu.
- Go to Utilities and select the option Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Then, you have to close QuickBooks and reopen it.
- If you are using ESET NOD32 Antivirus software, go to the program settings> disable the feature of Internet Monitor> restart your computer.
- Rename the file by adding old at the end of it. Re-open QuickBooks if you find that the file isn’t connected.
Solution 7: Copy your Company files to Desktop
- In the first place, right-click on the desktop screen and then click on New, followed by Folder.
- Now, move to your current company file location.
- Right-click on the company file and select Copy.
- After that, open a New Folder, right-click on it and select Paste.
- Now, hold the Ctrl key until No Company Open Window is on the screen.
- Further, select the option Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Select Open a company file and click on Next.
- Then, search the desktop file that you copied in a new folder.
- Lastly, click on Open.
If you cannot open the file even after following the above step, proceed with the next method.
Solution 8: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
Reinstalling the QuickBooks software is one of the other options. At times, when nothing works, only a simple re-installation can help.
- Click on the start tab and move to the control panel.
- Then, click on uninstall a program.
- After that, you must uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Now, use the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Further, you need to select the version of QuickBooks that is to be installed on the system and click on continue.
- Click on OK and then install the QuickBooks desktop to end the process.
Solution 9: Restore QuickBooks Backup File
If the above methods haven’t worked for you, there might be a possibility that your company file (.QBW) is facing some issues. You can try restoring the latest backup to get rid of this issue:
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the Ctrl key until No Company Open Window appears on your screen.
- Then, select the option Open or restore an existing company.
- Further, click on the option Restore a backup copy followed by Next.
- Lastly, follow the instructions that appear on your screen for restoring the latest backup.
Let the Experts Resolve your Quickbooks Desktop Error Error 6010
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned above would have helped you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100 without much trouble. However, if you need professional assistance for resolving the issue, we suggest you get in touch with our professional team by placing a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts are available round the clock to assist you with the best solutions. Thus, feel free to discuss your queries with us at any hour of the day. We will be happy to help you.