With time to keep up with user demands, one has to keep the software updated with the latest features available. At times, while trying to install the updates, you might come across some issues that may even result in QuickBooks Error TD500. It may also occur when you try to process a credit card in QuickBooks Desktop. However, the primary reason behind this issue is that you might be using more than one version of QuickBooks Desktop on your computer. When QuickBooks update error TD500 occurs, the following error message appears on your screen:
“There was a problem with your update.”
Well, QuickBooks desktop error TD500 surely puts your work at a standstill and thus, you need to resolve it at the earliest. To help you do so, we have mentioned some solutions by following which you will be able to take payments again and get back to business.
Stuck with QuickBooks error TD500 while processing payments in QuickBooks? Don’t worry! Our experts will help you resolve it at the earliest. For further assistance, give us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359.
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error TD500
Below we have mentioned some of the effective troubleshooting methods by implementing which you would be able to resolve QuickBooks Error TD500:
Method 1: Uninstall QuickBooks 2016 & install the repair file
You can try out this option if you no longer use QuickBooks 2016. Also, your company file isn’t deleted if you uninstall QuickBooks. To do so, you may proceed with the below-given steps to fix error code TD500 in QuickBooks:
- Open the QuickBooks application, press the F2 key. Make sure to note down which version of QuickBooks you’re using.
- Then, close QuickBooks desktop. Also, if you’re using multiple QuickBooks versions, close them all.
- Now, click on the Start or Windows icon, from there go to the Control Panel. From there, select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program option.
- Now, select QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0 and then Uninstall/Change. Further, follow the instructions that appear on your screen. If this option doesn’t prompt, then, you need to sign out of Windows and sign back in as a Windows admin.
- Once you uninstall QuickBooks 2016, download the repair file and save it on a preferred location, like your desktop.
- After that, double-click the file to unzip it.
- Moving ahead, right-click quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks version on which you have encountered the error.
- Lastly, try to process your customer’s payment like you normally do and check for the status of QuickBooks Error TD500.
Method 2: Update all QuickBooks versions and install the repair file
- Open QuickBooks, press the F2 key to down which QuickBooks version you’re in.
- Then, close all the versions of QuickBooks that you’re using.
Figure out which QuickBooks version you have:
- Click on the Windows icon and scroll down to the letter Q.
- After that, select the down arrow for the QuickBooks folder. There, you’ll be able to see all QuickBooks versions that you have installed.
Follow the below steps to install QuickBooks updates and repair file:
- Open each QuickBooks version turn wise and make sure to update the application as per its latest version.
Note: For doing this, go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Once your QuickBooks is updated, download the repair file and save it in a preferred location.
- Then, double-click the file to unzip it.
- After that, right-click quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and click on Run as Administrator.
- Once done, open the version of QuickBooks that had the error and follow the instructions that you come across.
- At last, try processing your customer’s payment like you normally do and check if QuickBooks Error TD500 persists or not.
Find An Expert To Fix Error TD500!
Hopefully, the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve QuickBooks Error TD500 without much trouble. However, there might come a scenario where you would still be stuck with the same issue due to certain reasons. In such a situation, we would suggest you contact our experts by giving us a call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number at +1(855)-738-0359.