Most businesses are expanding their ventures online as web globalization has made the internet a giant and efficient marketplace. With the help of QuickBooks, you can track your online business on the go and handle various tasks like inventory management, email invoicing, etc. While sending the invoices, sales receipts, bills, etc., to the customers, you can also add other transaction documents by scanning and adding them through the QuickBooks scan manager. However, users often face an error “QuickBooks Scan Manager not working” or “QuickBooks Scan Manager could not be selected”, or QuickBooks Scan Manager Error 281, etc. More on these error messages are discussed in the blog below. Read it till the end.
If you are getting the QuickBooks Scan Manager not working error message, you might need external support from an expert to resolve the scan bills into QuickBooks issue as to any unwarranted action during the troubleshooting could cause you dearly in data damage. So, be on the safer side by dialing Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number anytime.
Why QuickBooks Scan Manager Could Not be selected?
Below are mentioned the reasons for the error message – “QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected”.
- The user’s scan profile is ineffective due to unknown reasons.
- The UAC settings are interfering in the scanning process of the QuickBooks scan manager.
- There are some problems with the installation files of QuickBooks.
- Some QB program files might be corrupted.
- The wireless connection of the scanner is experiencing some problems.
- The user is not using a TWAIN-compatible scanner.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working Issues?
Depending on the problem why QuickBooks Scan Manager is not working or could not be selected, in contrast, there are different troubleshooting steps that you need to follow to tackle Qb Scan Manager errors.
Solution- 1: Delete the Scan Profile and Create a New One
The external file containing a user’s scan profile’s information might be corrupted and cause issues while scanning the documents through the QuickBooks scan manager. Under those circumstances, to fix scanning problems, the user must delete the scan profile from the scan manager and create a new profile by following the given steps.
- Firstly, go to QuickBooks and click on the Company menu.
- Choose the Documents option and click on Doc Center.
- Select Scan a Document and click on the old scan profile.
- Select Delete to delete the profile from the QuickBooks scan manager.
- Go back to the Doc Center and click on Scan a Document.
- Choose New and add a name to the profile.
- Then, select Continue and configure the profile settings correctly.
- At last, click on Save.
Solution- 2: Update the User Account Settings in Windows
There is a possibility that the UAC is disrupting the connection between the scanner and the scan manager while running in the background. To tackle the issue, the user has to edit the UAC settings by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Exit from the QuickBooks Desktop and press the Windows Key to open the Start menu.
- On the right side of the menu, click on Control Panel.
- As the Control Panel window comes up, click on User Accounts and select Change User Account Control settings.
- Select Yes if prompted by the UAC and toggle the slider to Never Notify.
- Click on OK to turn it off and restart the computer system.
Note: After the scan manager is selected and the work is done, to prevent your computer from any security risks, it is recommended to turn the UAC back on by moving the slider back to Always Notify.
Solution- 3: Repair QuickBooks via the Windows Repair Utility
If there are any issues within the QuickBooks program or the installation files of the scan manager, which is causing the QuickBooks error 281 1, it can be resolved with the help of the Windows repair utility. Make sure to create a backup of your data file before running the repair tool through the steps mentioned below.
- To make sure that no other background process interferes in the repair, reboot your system.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a Program and from the list of programs, click on QuickBooks.
- Select Uninstall / Change and click on Continue or Next.
- Click on Repair and select Next.
- Once the repair is finished, click on Finish.
- Restart your computer system and update QuickBooks Desktop if any updates are available.
Solution- 4: Clean Install QuickBooks and Set Up the QuickBooks Scan Manager
Clean installing the QuickBooks will recreate the older installation files of QuickBooks Desktop, including the corrupted scan manager files that are causing the issue. Follow our blog on the process of Clean Installation of QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then perform the steps mentioned below to set up the QuickBooks scan manager.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Company menu.
- Click on Documents and select Doc Center.
- Click on your profile and choose Select.
- Choose Scanner Setup Wizard under the Select Scanner window and if the Current Selection field does not show your scanner, click on Yes and then Next to download the latest scanner database from Nuance.
- Select Normal Mode or any other mode per your choice and mark the checkbox against Perform Tests.
- Click on Next and choose the test you want to run.
- Hit on Next twice and mark the checkbox against Repeat this test in order to check all modes.
- Click on Next to test in other available modes too.
- You may start using your scanner after testing all the modes successfully.
Solution- 5: Switch for a Wired Connection Between the Scanner and the Scan Manager
The wireless connection might be experiencing some technical glitches and presenting the connection issues between the scanner and the QuickBooks scan manager. Switch the connection to a wired one by attaching a cable to the scanner to fix the issue for once and all. After shifting to a wired connection, reinstall the scanner and run the QuickBooks scan manager again.
Important: If the error code states QuickBooks TWAIN driver not found, then verify that your scanner is TWAIN-compatible. Also, make sure that the scanner is not at fault by testing if the scanner is working properly outside QuickBooks. If it isn’t, call on the toll-free number TFN and get immediate assistance. In case if you cannot select the scanner while using TSScan, make sure that the TSScan is installed on both – the workstation and the server. Below are mentioned the steps to scan through QuickBooks scan manager using TSScan.
- Double-click on the QB Desktop icon while holding the CTRL key.
- Don’t release the CTRL key until the No Company Open window comes up on the screen.
- Select Open a Sample Company File and click on the Company menu.
- Choose Documents and select Doc Center.
- Select Scan a Document and click on the Select followed by TSScan.
- Scan and attach a document to the sample file and exit from the company file.
- Now scan a document from QuickBooks to make sure that the error is fixed.
Conclusion On How To Scan Invoices To QuickBooks
At the end of our blog on the popular user query of “Why QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working”, we hope that its content helps our readers reach an effective conclusion. We also hope that the information is easy to understand and readers with non-technical backgrounds could resolve their QuickBooks receipts scanner issues successfully. However, if that doesn’t happen, feel free to call on Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number and get immediate external support on the line.