QuickBooks has come up with several advanced tools that make everyday accounting tasks effortless. QuickBooks Scan Manager is a tool that scans receipts and documents and further assists in importing and categorizing transactions. It also assists in updating the balance sheets, invoices, packing slips, and other documents. No doubt, it saves a lot of your time and effort that you can invest in other business areas. But usually, users find it difficult to set up and use QB scan manager, so let’s learn how to do it easily.
If You’re Looking forward to setting up and using Intuit QuickBooks Scan Manager and don’t know how to do it, In that case, Contact Our QuickBooks Experts to get instant assistance by Calling at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number +1.855.738.0359.
What Are The Advantages Of Scan Manager In QuickBooks?
As the name suggests, the scan manager in QuickBooks lets the users scan documents easily so that they can be added to invoices, bills, and other documents. It makes the task of creating bills and other documents easier for the users. In this section, we have enumerated some other advantages that you can avail yourself with the QB scan manager:
- With QuickBooks Scan Manager, you can attach files to your invoice, sales receipt, bills, and other transactions.
- Connect it to your bank accounts to import and categorize transactions automatically.
- It also updates the balance sheets on its own. It further creates the invoice, packing slip, and other documents, saving a lot of time.
- QuickBooks scanner assists the warehouse manager and its team of warehouse workers so that they complete more work in a small interval of time.
After getting a brief idea of the various benefits that you may avail from the scan manager, let’s understand how to set up and use it by following the steps listed in the next section.
How To Set up & Use QuickBooks Scan Manager?
If you have a new scanner or are scanning documents for the first time, then you must set up QuickBooks online scan manager for attaching documents to QuickBooks desktop. However, you can set up the scan manager by following the three steps listed below:
NOTE: Scan Manager works in sync with TWAIN (Toolkit without an informative name) compliant scanners only.
Step 1: Create your Scan Profile
- Firstly, select Documents followed by Doc Center from the Company menu.
- Then, click on the option Scan a Document.
- Now, click on New for setting up a new profile. You may also select an existing scan profile.
- After that, you have to edit your profile name and click on Continue.
- Further, you have to adjust the profile settings as required. Then, click on Save.
NOTE: You must know that the QuickBooks Scan Manager saves your documents in the same folder as your company file (.QBW).
Step 2: Set up and Test your Scanner
- At first, you have to highlight your profile and then click on select.
- Select Scanner Setup Wizard in the Select Scanner window.
Note: The Current Selection field must show your scanner. If it doesn’t, click on Yes> Next to download the latest scanner database.
- Then, select the Normal Mode.
- After that, check the Perform Tests box and select Next.
- Now, you need to select the test that you want to run.
- Test your scanner by clicking on Next twice.
- Then, checkmark Repeat this test to check all modes box option.
- Click on Next to continue testing in other available modes.
Step 3: Scan and Add Documents
- Once you have tested all the modes, you can begin using your scanner.
- For attaching a file, select the Attach File option on any transaction.
Now that you know how to set up a QB scan manager, let’s understand how you can troubleshoot the issues that may occur while using & setting up the scan manager.
How To Troubleshoot QB Scan Manager Issues?
Has your QuickBooks scan manager application stopped working? Well, it might be due to any issue while setting up QuickBooks scan manager or scanning documents. In that case, you can consider the following:
Could not scan. TWAIN driver not found.
- You need to ensure if you’re using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- To check if the scanner is working correctly, test it outside of QuickBooks.
- If it doesn’t work, you must contact the scanner manufacturer or an IT expert for further assistance.
QuickBooks Scan Manager Error 281, 1
- You need to delete and create your scan profile. Try once again. Proceed to the next step if it doesn’t work.
- Then, change the user account settings in Windows.
- After that, Repair QuickBooks and try scanning again.
- You may also Reinstall QB using a clean install, set up QuickBooks Scan Manager, and then try again.
Note: Reinstall the scanner after switching from wireless to wired. It will help resolve issues with attaching docs directly from scanners.
Need Technical Assistance with Intuit Scan Manager?
In this article, we have answered all your queries related to QuickBooks Scan Manager. It won’t be a hassle to set up and run the Scan Manager by following the steps mentioned above. However, if you come across any issue while attaching copies of receipts or scanning invoices into QuickBooks desktop, give us a call at our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts will assist you with the best client service.