If you are experiencing a QuickBooks Error 19062 00238, it means that your QuickBooks has detected an issue with one of your files and needs to be fixed before you can continue working with it.
In this article, we will help you know why this error occurs and how to fix it. Unrecoverable error 19062 00238 is caused by a corrupt database file. The best thing to do is to update your QuickBooks. This article will enlighten you on the causes and solutions to this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 19062 00238?
It’s a QuickBooks error that can occur when attempting to open or change a customer or vendor record. QuickBooks Error 19062 00238 means that the data in your company file is corrupt. This happens when the data on your hard drive becomes corrupted. And causes a variety of problems for the software like network problems, data integrity, etc.
When you receive this error, you will see a pop-up message on your display as-
“Unrecoverable error 19062 00238”
The accountant file will not let you make journal entries in this case.
Reasons For QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code 19062 00238
There are many reasons why QuickBooks unrecoverable error code 19062 00238 may appear in the system, including:
- Your QuickBooks is not up to date: The most common reason for this error is that your QuickBooks has become corrupt. It means you need to update it. It would be best to keep your software up-to-date, as new versions often fix bugs and improve performance.
- Some common errors in QuickBooks: If your computer crashes while running QuickBooks. For example, you may shut it down unexpectedly while working. Then this could also cause some errors within the program itself. This can happen if a virus on your computer affects QuickBooks. Or it could mean that the program has been damaged somehow, which makes it unable to run correctly anymore.
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed.
- You have made some changes in the data file leading to QuickBooks errors or Corrupted files.
- If you have lost or damaged files, this can cause QuickBooks problems.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 19062 00238?
There are many ways to fix QuickBooks error 19062 00238, depending on the version of QuickBooks you’re using. There are some solutions you can try to fix QuickBooks error code 19062 00238. We recommend-
- Update your QuickBooks
- Run Quick Fix My Program
- Install Diagnostic
- Restore local backup
- Verify Rebuild For QuickBooks Premier Accountant
Update your QuickBooks
If you’re running an outdated version of the program, update it to the latest available version by-
Check to see if you have the latest release of QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks> press F2 OR Ctrl+1> open product information window
- You’ll find the information or QuickBooks version on the window.
Update QuickBooks Manually
You can also update the QuickBooks application manually and rectify error 19062 00238. For doing so, follow the below steps-
- Close the company files and QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type QuickBooks desktop in the text box.
- Now right-click on the icon> choose the Run option as administrator.
- Go to the Help menu in the No Company Open screen.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, select the Mark All in the options tab and Save.
- Select the Now tab and choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on the Get Update option.
If you’ve already updated, try updating again. This will ensure that any bugs have been fixed. And the latest features have been added to your software version.
Run Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix is a program that helps close background processes of QuickBooks on computers. Then solving the QuickBooks error 19062 00238. Quick Fix program is a tool of Tool Hub. So to run this program, you need to download Tool Hub in the first place. You can do so by following these steps-
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Web browser>download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub.
- After the QuickBooksToolHub.exe download is complete> open it by double-tapping on the icon.
- Follow the screen instructions to install the application> Agree to terms and conditions.
- Now you can open the Tool hub on your desktop.
To Run Quick Fix my program-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your desktop by double-clicking on its icon.
- Select Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Now any issues will be resolved.
- Restart the QuickBooks premier accountant edition.
- Open the company file.
QuickBooks unrecoverable error code 19062 00238 can be caused by an incorrect installation of QuickBooks. For this step, you need to install the QuickBooks Tool hub. Follow the process of ‘Download QuickBooks Tool hub’ described above. After that, you can run the Install diagnostic tool by following the below steps-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your device.
- Now tap on installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool and permit it to run.
- After the process, Restart your system and see if QuickBooks error 19062 00238 is fixed.
Restore Local Backup
Restoring a local backup will help you undo any changes made in the file leading to QuickBooks Premier Accountant issue 19062 00238. Follow the instruction below to restore local backup-
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Select Restore Company.
- Now choose to Restore a backup copy (.qbb)> then move ahead by clicking on Next.
- Select the option of Local Backup and click on the Next.
- Now go to My Computer, and you’ll find this file. (as company name.qbb).
- Open this file and select Next.
- Save the file by tapping on the backup file and following the on-screen instruction.
Run Verify Rebuild for QuickBooks Premier Accountant
This error means missing or corrupt data files in your system. For example, try running Rebuild For QuickBooks Premier Accountant from within the program. And see if it’s able to fix QuickBooks Company File error 19062 00238 for you.
- Close All Windows.
- Go ahead and choose the File option.
- Go to Utilities and select Verify Data.
- You’ll receive one of these messages on the screen-
- “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data.”- For this, you don’t need to perform any action.
- An error appears on the screen. It would be best if you found the solution based on this error.
- “Your Data has lost integrity.” In such a case, the company file is corrupt, and you need to rebuild data to fix the problem.
- Choose File>Utilities>then choose Rebuild Data.
- You’ll get a message on the screen suggesting creating a backup of the company file.
- Confirm the backup by clicking on OK.
- Save the backup.
- Now choose from these options-
- Click ‘No‘ if asked to replace a previous backup. Save this backup by renaming the file.
- If the process of creating a backup is failing, then click on Cancel at Rebuild Prompt.
- Finally, the Rebuild data process will begin after the backup is created. Click on OK when you see the text on-screen- “Rebuild has completed.”
Still Facing QuickBooks Error Code 19062 00238?
We hope the easy ways above help you rectify the QuickBooks error 19062 00238. In case you still can’t get rid of the error, we recommend you to take help from a professional. You can talk to our experienced team or reach out to Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline number at +1.855.738.0359 to get an instant solution. We can also help you fix other QuickBooks errors like 3371, 6123, 30134, etc.