The world has been developing rapidly, and web developers understand the need for connectivity between two different applications. QuickBooks users can connect with third-party applications using a web connector. This feature might sometimes not function properly due to QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error. This error generally arises when users are trying to use web-based applications, open the application or just restart the system. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
“Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. “
QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error is complicated, and you need high technical knowledge to fix it. Seek guidance from our experts by just calling Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number.
Troubleshooting Tips for Quickbooks Unhandled Exception Error Code
There are multiple ways to fix QuickBooks unhandled exception code, which involve fixing the .NET framework, using QuickBooks tool hub, and making changes to your system. Let’s look into these solutions in a more detailed sense:-
Solution 1- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
Install diagnostic tools can help you fix any installation issues. It can also fix a few damages to the company file. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now save the .exe file someplace where it is easy to find.
- Open the file you downloaded. (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow the on-screen instructions and agree to terms and conditions in order to install the file.
- Once the installation process is over, double click on it to run it.
- Tap on Installation Issues in the tool hub.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the process to get completed; it may take up to 20 minutes.
- Restart your system once the process is finished.
Solution 2- Manually Fix Microsoft .NET Framework errors.
QuickBooks .NET Framework Unhandled Exception errors can be easily fixed by manual steps. What you need to do depends on the version of windows you are using:-
- Close all the running programs.
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and then double-click on the Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs and Features.
- Tap on Uninstall a Program.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Look for .NET Framework on the list.
Now go through the settings of both .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Note: You need to follow similar steps for .NET Framework 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8.
Check NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
Steps to follow if .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox isn’t ticked:
- Firstly, Tick Mark the checkbox for .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- Then, tap on OK to save your changes.
- In the end, Restart your computer.
Steps to follow if .NET Framework 4.5(or later) is already tick marked.
- Tap on the checkbox to turn off .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- Hence, save the changes you made and restart your system.
- Now follow the steps to turn on .NET Framework 4.5 again.
Checkmark NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Steps to follow if .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not check marked.
- Tickmark the box to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Tap on OK to save the changes and restart your system.
Steps to follow if .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox is not already checked.
- Click on the box to turn off .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Tap on OK to save the changes.
- Restart your system.
- Now follow the steps to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
Solution 3- Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Web Connector Unhandled Exception can occur because of installation-related issues. You can simply fix it by clean installing it:-
- Download the exe file for your version of QuickBooks.
- Create a backup of your company file
- Note down the license number. You can find it in the original packing or in the purchase confirmation mail.
- Note down your application’s product year and version.
Note: The above-mentioned information could also be found in the account management portal.
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and open Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a program.
- Look for the version of QuickBooks Desktop you wish to uninstall.
- Tap on Uninstall/Change and then Remove and then Next. In case this option is not visible, you need to tap on sign out and sign back in from the admin account.
- Now reinstall your application.
Allow Experts to Help You Fix QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error
So now we hope you are aware of what shall be done when you run into QuickBooks web connector unhandled exception error. We discussed the things that can possibly lead to it and troubleshooting methods for the same. If your error is still not resolved, the next logical step is to call an expert at Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number and they can guide you in a better sense.