One performs QuickBooks database maintenance repair to remove any issue that the server faces ensuring the QB application’s smooth functioning. At times, while accessing the company file, you might come across an error message that reads, “QuickBooks database maintenance repair is in progress.” It takes place when some other user is performing maintenance for a damaged file. You must undergo a recovery process once you know that your company data is in a damaged state. This blog will help you understand how to remove such an error message in QB.
If you come across any QB database maintenance in-progress issue, and you are seeking for an expert’s help, get in touch with our Cloud experts by dialling our toll-free number (855)-948-3651.
What Does QuickBooks Database Maintenance In Progress Means?
You can get the database maintenance repair is in progress error message in both versions of QuickBooks, i.e., QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. However, the reason why this error message appears in QuickBooks can vary due to numerous factors. An error message displays when you are trying to access your QuickBooks Online account. It indicates that QuickBooks servers are currently being updated, and your service will resume once the servers have been repaired. Whereas if an error message displays on your screen, you try to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. It signifies that the server trying to host the company file in the local network has incurred some issues. Let’s discuss the other reasons that trigger this error message.
Why You Get QuickBooks Database Maintenance In Progress Error Message?
Below we have listed some common reasons that cause QuickBooks to display database maintenance repair is in progress message in QuickBooks Desktop:
- It restricts the server hosting the company file in the network to host the company file in multi-user mode.
- While accessing the company records, you may encounter the QuickBooks Desktop fatal error.
- It might be possible that some other user is running an update of the server while you are trying to access the company file from the workstation.
- There might be discrepancies in your financial reports, such as bills or invoices, that may lead to a negative value.
- You might have a damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file.
- You might have missing transactions.
- Missing Names from the List
- You may see the error QuickBooks database maintenance in progress if your balance sheet report does not reflect all accounts.
Various error codes such as:
- QuickBooks Error Codes (-6150, -1006)
- QB Error Codes (-6000, -301)
- QuickBooks Error Codes (-6189, -82)
- QB Error Codes (-6000, -305)
- QuickBooks Error Codes (-6123, -xxx)
- QuickBooks Error Codes (-6177, 0)
- QB Error Codes (-6000, -30)
IMPORTANT: You must restart the server and the workstations in the network before you implement the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Enterprise Database Maintenance Error?
Below we have mentioned some effective methods that can help you get rid of the error message QuickBooks database maintenance repair is in progress.
Method 1: Use Auto Data Recovery Tool
To resolve the error, you must first try to repair the damages QB company file. For this, you may use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. For that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- The corrupted Quickbooks Data file (.QBW)
- The Transaction Log file (.TLG > in the same folder as the corrupted QBW file)
- Any older backup of the Quickbooks Data file (.QBW or .QBB or .QBM)
You can get rid of the QuickBooks database maintenance issues by using these files once you have completed the data recovery process.
You can read also: How Cloud Hosting Offer QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Services.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Verify & rebuild Data Utility
QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utilities work together to detect and resolve data integrity issues in QuickBooks.
- First, click on Start.
- Then, choose the option Close All.
- Now, navigate to the File menu. From there, select Utilities and then further choose Verify Data.
- If an error message “no further action is needed” displays on your screen, it signifies that your company record file is in a good state.
- On the other hand, if you get an error message “Your database has lost integrity” on your screen, you have to understand that you have corrupted data and need to be repaired at the earliest by using the Rebuild Data utility.
- After that, choose File >> Utilities >> Rebuild Data, and it will ask you to maintain a backup of your company file.
- Once the backup process finishes, the Rebuild Data utility tool will start repairing your damaged company file.
- Upon completing the rebuild process, a message “Rebuild is completed” appears on your screen.
- Lastly, click on OK.
To verify if the data damage issue persists, you have to run the QuickBooks verify tool once.
Method 3: Verify the Company File Hosting Settings on the Server
- To begin, you have to first open QuickBooks on the hosting server.
- Under the File menu, click on the Switch to Multi-user Mode option.
- Go back to the workstation computer and open the company file once again.
If the error message displays again, follow the next resolution method.
Method 4: Ensure that no other user is working on the Server
- In case you are running QuickBooks in an extensive network, then the chances are high that some other user is running an update on the server.
- In such a situation, wait until the task completes and then try to restart the server.
- Lastly, try to open the company file once again.
Need Professional’s Assistance?
The troubleshooting methods mentioned in this post can help you resolve the QuickBooks database maintenance repair in progress issue at the earliest. If you need any advice from our cloud experts, dial our toll-free number (855)-948-3651 for immediate error resolution.
We are bestowed with a vast experience in the industry. Our QuickBooks cloud hosting providers will be at your service round the clock to resolve all your queries.