QuickBooks users are advised to regularly update their QuickBooks application and payroll to ensure they have the most recent security patches. Users may run into error 15103 sometimes while trying to do so. This error arises while downloading and installing the updates.
QuickBooks Error Code 15103 can be a huge headache while downloading QB-related updates. Reach an expert for easy solutions at +18557380359.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15103
The download process of QuickBooks desktop and payroll updates is affected by a lot of components. Problems with any of these components, such as a digital signature or internet settings, can cause QuickBooks error 15103. The complete list of reasons for this error is:-
- The company file or QuickBooks application is damaged.
- Using an outdated application.
- Digital signature for QuickBooks is either damaged or not installed.
- A third-party application is interfering with the download process of QuickBooks.
- The internet settings are not favorable for QB.
- Windows firewall security is not allowing
You May Also Like To Read – How To Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15103
There are 5 different ways to fix QuickBooks error 15103: using Quick Fix my Program, configuring Internet Explorer settings, installing Digital signature, downloading updates in safe mode, and redownload QuickBooks components. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Configure Internet Explorer Settings
QuickBooks uses Microsoft Internet Explorer in the background to run online services within the application. Incorrect Internet Explorer settings can lead to QuickBooks update error 15103. These are the things you need to do to ensure that your Internet Explorer settings are correctly set for QuickBooks to function:-
- Set your Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Ensure that the time and date are set correctly on your system.
- Verify your cipher strength.
- Update your Internet Explorer settings.
Solution 2- Install Digital Signature For QuickBooks
Damaged or uninstalled QuickBooks digital signature led to QuickBooks Payroll Error 15103. Follow these steps to install it correctly on your system:-
- Go to the QuickBooks folder by navigating to this path:- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file and choose Properties.
- Now go to the Digital Signature menu and ensure that Intuit is chosen in the signature list.
- Click on Details, and the Digital Signature window will open up.
- Click on the View Certificate button, and a new window will open up.
- Now click on Install Certificate and tap on the Next button until the Finish button pop-up.
- Then click on the Finish button and reboot your system.
You May Also Like: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222 [Best Tutorial]
Solution 3- Use Quick Tool Hub to Run Quick fix my Program
QuickBooks tool hub has many tools within itself. The recent versions of QB have Tool Hub integrated within the application. Earlier users had to download the stand-alone application version. Use QB tool hub to run Quick Fix my Program in order to fix damaged applications. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Programs Problem menu.
- Now click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait for the process to get over and then rerun your QuickBooks application.
Solution 4:- Delete QuickBooks Components and Then Redownload it
Error code 15103 error arises if the downloaded update file is damaged. You need to delete it from your system and then re-download it. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close QuickBooks Application.
- Follow the path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks XX\Components.
- Select it and then right-click on it, then choose Delete.
- Now run QB application in the No Company Open window.
- Go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab and tick mark the box beside Reset Update.
- Click on Get Updates and wait for the download process to get over.
- Now again go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Overview menu and tap on Update Now.
Solution 5- Download the Updates in Safe Mode
Interference by any third-party application can be a reason for QuickBooks update error 15103. Running QuickBooks in Safe Mode ensures that no interference happens. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go to the Windows sign-in screen, tap on the Power button, and select Restart while pressing the Shift key.
- Click on Troubleshoot, select Advanced options from the list, and press enter.
- Choose Startup Settings and then tap on Restart.
- Now run QuickBooks Desktop and redownload the update.
- Now reboot your system without pressing anything and your system will run in Normal Mode.
This is all about QuickBooks Error 15103. Hopefully, now you will be able to update the QuickBooks desktop application and payrolls. QuickBooks Tool Hub has many other tools to fix damages in company files. If your error is still not resolved, contact our expert at +1(855)-738-0359, and we will guide you on how to fix it.
Related Helpful Articles: