With QuickBooks company file, you can store all your financial data in a single place. Even you can access it without any hassle from anywhere across the globe. However, you might end up with QuickBooks Error 6129 while trying to access or create a new company file.
Another reason can be when the database connection verification fails. The error might you, as it hampers your ongoing work process. However, you can resolve the error code -6129, 0: by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog.
What Is Meant By QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0?
Before you go ahead and start implementing the resolution methods of error code 6129 0 in QuickBooks, you must first understand what it means. It takes place when the system hosting the QuickBooks program is not allowing the user to create company records or files. And thus, a pop-up error message appears on your screen while you try creating a new company file of the software. It reads as:
“Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure.”
After developing a basic understanding of this issue, let’s go ahead and learn why it takes place.
Why QuickBooks Pro Error Code 6129 0 Takes Place?
It’s important to get aware of the reasons that lead to the 6129 error in QB. Several factors trigger this QuickBooks .nd file error. Below we have mentioned the major ones:
- You might not have updated the system running in the multi-user mode as per the latest version.
- There might be a mismatch between the client domain and server.
- Another reason behind QuickBooks error 6129 can be damaged .ND file.
- You might have updated the company file to the QuickBooks Latest Version with a Non-windows admin profile.
- It takes place due to a third -party Anti-virus.
- Invalid entries in the Windows registry can trigger this issue as well.
- It occurs when there is an abrupt system shutdown due to power failure.
- You may end up with QB error 6129 due to the un-installation of software.
How To Identify Intuit QuickBooks Error 6129 0?
You will come across numerous signs that can help you identify the QB error 6129. Below we have mentioned some of them:
- When the error takes place, an error message flashes on the screen.
- Besides, it crashes an active Windows program.
- Sluggish Window performance to the keyboard or mouse response can be another reason.
- Your system freezes at regular intervals.
Key Points Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6129
Here, we have mentioned two basic troubleshooting steps that you must follow to get rid of QB error code 6129:
Condition 1: If the Error took place while Creating a New Company File
Follow the below-mentioned steps if you encountered the error 6129 0 while creating a new company file.
- Click on the exit option available on the easy action interview window.
- Then, you have to save the file and click on Yes.
- After that, you have to enter a different file name and select yes.
- If renaming doesn’t work for you, then you must try to transform the file location.
Condition 2: The issue occurred while Updating your Company File
- To begin, you have to first open a sample company file to find out if the issue is with the company file or not.
- If it’s related to your company file, then you must try out the methods discussed later in this post.
How To Fix Error Code 6129 In QuickBooks?
Before you begin implementing the resolution methods to fix QuickBooks error 0 6129, you must log in as a Windows administrator:
Method 1: Disable the Anti-Virus using Safe Mode
To get rid of QuickBooks error 6129, you must try to turn off the anti-virus using safe mode by following the below-mentioned steps:
- To begin, you have to restart the system without changing the safe mode.
- Then, turn off the running anti-virus software and create another company file.
- You must keep the system in the normal working mode.
- After that, reboot the system, and then open QuickBooks followed by the company files.
Once Done, check whether the QuickBooks error 6129 0 is appearing or not.
Method 2: Rename QuickBooks .ND file
At times, renaming the QuickBooks network data files can help you fix QuickBooks error 6129.
- Firstly, search for the .ND files in QuickBooks.
- Now, click on the Rename option and begin the process by adding OLD at the end of the file name.
- Once done, press the Enter key.
You can open the company file if using a single system. But, if you want to access the same company file on multiple systems, then you must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, click on the Start icon.
- Then, click on Programs and select QuickBooks.
- After that, select the QuickBooks database server manager option, followed by the Scan folder.
- If you don’t find a folder with your company file, click on the option “Add folder” for adding it.
- Moving ahead, click on scan. Once the process completes, close the same.
- Lastly, open the company file and verify if QuickBooks is working or not.
Move to the next methods to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0.
Method 3: Copy Company file to a Different Location
- In the first place, create a New Folder.
- Then, transfer the required company file to the newly created folder.
- It’s great if you are using QB on a single computer, it will be easier for you to follow the above steps.
- But, if you are using the same file on multiple computers, then you must follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, click on the Windows icon> Programs> QuickBooks> QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then, click on the Scan Folders option.
- If you don’t find any folder storing your company file, select the option “Add a new Folder.”
- After that, click on Scan.
- Once the scan process completes, close the file.
- Lastly, open the company file.
Method 4: Ensure if the computer works on a single domain
Being a user, you need to make sure that you get all the systems on the same domain. And then, verify if the error 6129 0 in QuickBooks persists or not.
Method 5: Update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest version
You might even try updating your QuickBooks desktop as per the latest version to resolve QuickBooks error 6129:
- Initially, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Now, on the Update QuickBooks box Click Update Now button.
- Further, click on the option “Get updates” to begin the downloading process.
- Once done, restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- At last, some instructions will prompt on your screen to install the new release.
Unable to Fix Error 6129? Contact Us.
We hope this blog has helped you resolve QuickBooks error 6129. Here, we have listed six different resolution methods. You can choose the one that will fit your requirement in the best way. If none of them worked, you could give us a call on our Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline Number. Our experts are available 24X7 to assist you.
Intuit Error 6129,0 FAQs:
There are several reasons that trigger the error 6129 in QB. One of them is that you might haven’t updated your system running in multi-user mode as per the latest version.
It signifies that the system hosting the QuickBooks program restricts the user from creating company records or files.
Well, NO! You just need to follow some effective methods that can help you fix QB error code 6129.
You might come across several methods that will help you fix this issue. One such method is updating your QuickBooks desktop as per the latest version.