Although QuickBooks Desktop is a cutting-edge tool for small to middle-sized businesses, accountants, and freelancers, it is flooded with errors. The most common of them are company files and payroll update errors in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 15000 occurs when the user is trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop or download the latest payroll tax table.
The reason for this ranges from issues in Microsoft components, Windows, internet browsers, firewalls, etc. Moreover, the damages in the company file, QB files, or Windows registry may give way to QuickBooks desktop payroll error. To fix it, we must carry out a set of solutions and verify and check the different factors that can give way to the issue.
We recommend you skip the time-consuming and tedious process of self-diagnosing QuickBooks error series 15XXX. QB issues require basic technical knowledge, and self-troubleshooting poses a risk of losing company files and information. Therefore, connect with our QB Proadvisors at +1.855.738.0359, and allow them to fix the issue for you.
What Are QuickBooks Error Series 15XXX?
QuickBooks 15000 series error codes pop up when you update QB Desktop or payroll. The QuickBooks application, or the update program, runs into problems due to issues in the Windows firewall, network, files, etc., and shows a payroll update error. The error messages may vary with the error code, but QuickBooks error series 15XXX has a few things in common.
The payroll update error in QuickBooks mostly has an error code in the format of 15XXX or PSXXX, etc. The reasons for QuickBooks error 15000 series are similar, and their troubleshooting methods include common steps.
QuickBooks 15000 Series Error Codes (QuickBooks Error Series 15XXX )
Take a look at the most common QuickBooks 15000 series error codes (QuickBooks Error Series 15XXX ) listed in the table below.
|Payroll Error 15317
|Payroll Error 15225
|Payroll Error 15319
|Payroll Error 15409
|Payroll Error 15411
|Payroll Error 15324
|Payroll Error 15300
|Payroll Error 15206
|Payroll Error 15404
|Payroll Error Code 15101
|Payroll Error 15419
|Payroll Error 15215
|Payroll Error 15332
|Payroll Error 15219
|Payroll Error 15241
|Payroll Error 15413
|Payroll Error 15331
|Payroll Error 15330
|Payroll Error 15212
|Payroll Error 15327
|Payroll Error 15204
|Payroll Error 15406
|Payroll Error 15270
|Payroll Error 15326
|Payroll Error 15211
|Payroll Error 15301
|Payroll Error 15328
|Payroll Error 15329
What Causes Error 15000 in QuickBooks Desktop During Updating Payroll or Application?
There are various reasons for payroll update errors in QuickBooks, like inactive subscriptions, firewall blockage, etc. Let us look at what causes the error 15000 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- The payroll subscription is inactive, or the product key or license is incorrect.
- Due to an invalid or missing QuickBooks certificate for digital security, the update process is aborted.
- The internet connection is unstable or poor
- The shared download drive was not appropriately mapped
- There is incorrect or improper installation of QB Desktop
- Due to missing or damaged files of installation
- There is corruption or damage in Windows files, QuickBooks files, company files, or Windows registry, or they might be missing
- There is an issue with the configuration or security settings of Internet Explorer or default browser.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15000 Series (QuickBooks Error Series 15XXX )
Fixing 15XXX or 15000 series error codes in QuickBooks Desktop when updating payroll or QB application includes correcting IE configuration, firewall, and antivirus settings. Moreover, the user must verify and install the digital signature certificate and repair the damaged or missing QuickBooks files, payroll update component, etc. To conduct this detailed troubleshooting, it is crucial to carry out the solutions in a step-by-step manner and ensure all aspects are taken care of.
Follow the steps listed below to get rid of QB Desktop or payroll update error in QuickBooks series 15000.
Note: We recommend you update your Microsoft Windows to fix any incompatibility or Microsoft component issues.
1. Verify QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
To download the latest QuickBooks payroll updates, you need an active QB payroll subscription. In case your subscription is expired or invalid, you might get a QuickBooks Payroll error 15000 series.
- Therefore, first, check if you have an active payroll subscription.
- Open the product information and note down the license or service key for payroll
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the Employees menu
- Click on My Payroll Service, followed by the Manage Service Key option.
- Now, tap on the Edit button.
- Check and verify if the license or service key entered here is correct or not.
- If required, edit and enter the correct service. Click Next and save the changes.
- Now, restart your PC.
Attempt to download the payroll update again and see if the QuickBooks Desktop payroll error series 15XXX persists.
2. Configure Internet Security Settings and Windows Firewall
Payroll update QuickBooks Desktop error occurs when the Windows firewall or the antivirus blocks the application. When the Windows or antivirus sees the QB Desktop as a threat, it disallows its access through the firewall. Therefore, you need to manually configure the Windows firewall and set the security settings in favor of QB Desktop.
Here’s how to modify the Windows firewall and security settings manually and with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The blog guides you first to attempt to fix the common firewall issues with the help of QB File Doctor and then configure it manually and set port exceptions.
3. Download QuickBooks Updates As Administrator
Inadequate access or user permissions inhibit the update process for QuickBooks Desktop or payroll giving way to QuickBooks error code 15000. Therefore, ensure that you are logged in as the administrator user or simply launch QuickBooks as an administrator. To do so,
- Close all the open windows for QuickBooks or company files.
- Now, navigate to the desktop and right-click on the QB icon.
- Now, choose Run as administrator.
- When asked, confirm yes to allow the program to make changes to your device.
- Enter the admin password if required
Now, attempt to download the payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update and see if the QuickBooks error series 15XXX persists.
4. Install QuickBooks Certificate For Digital Signature
If QuickBooks lacks a certificate for digital signature, it might fail to validate the security criteria. Therefore, the update program cannot download installation files for the latest version, which results in a 15000 series payroll update error in QuickBooks. What we need to do here is open the properties for the QB company file and install the digital signature certificate manually.
- Open This PC or My Computer, and navigate to the C drive or Local Disk C.
- Open the folder for Program Files, followed by the Intuit folder.
- Click on QB Folder, and look for the QBW32.exe file.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file. Choose Properties.
- Now, look for Digital Signature.
- Ensure that Intuit is chosen in the list of signatures in Digital Signature.
- Click on Details followed by View Certificate.
- You can see Install Certificate in the certificate window, click on it.
- Once done, click on Next, and wait for Finish.
- Select Finish and restart the PC.
Relaunch QB Desktop, and check if you can download the QB Desktop or payroll update.
5. Run Quick Fix My Program
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is very useful for resolving the common issues in the QB. Therefore, download QuickBooks Tool Hub, and install it on your computer.
- Close QB Desktop and Open QB Tool Hub
- Now, click on Program Problems and then Quick Fix my Program
- Begin the repair process and if it completes smoothly without an error, relaunch QB Desktop. Download the software version or payroll update and see if the issue is resolved.
However, if you get an error while running Quick Fix My Program:
- Close QB Desktop
- Open This PC, or My Computer
- Navigate to the location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks XX\Components
- Alternatively, you can open the C Drive or Local Disk C and navigate to the folders ProgramData > Intuit > QuickBooks XX > Components.
(Here, the XX is the version year of your QuickBooks, such as QB21 for QuickBooks 2021)
- Now right-click on Components and choose Delete.
- Launch QB Desktop and navigate to the Help menu
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop followed by Update Now.
- You will see Reset Update, click on it. Choose Get Updates and let the update download.
- Once the update is finished, Open QuickBooks Desktop once again.
- Navigate to the Help menu, followed by Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Overview. After that, select Update Now.
This should resolve the 15000 series update QuickBooks desktop error in your server or workstation.
6. Repair QuickBooks Using QB Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Error Code 15000 series can also stem from the damage in the installation or update files. The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is designed to fix installation and update issues.
Therefore, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and download and install QB Tool Hub if your computer doesn’t have it. To learn how to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub, scroll up to Solution Step 4 to run Quick Fix My Program. After that, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and launch the QB Install Diagnostic Tool. Here’s how to install, set up, and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in detailed steps.
7. Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
If the installation error is not resolved yet and you continue to see the series 15000 update QuickBooks desktop error, you need to reinstall QB.
Therefore, uninstall QB Desktop and install it with the help of the Clean Install Tool. But first, you will need to download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and install QB Desktop with it.
8. Download QuickBooks Desktop Or Payroll Update in Safe Mode
If you have tried the methods above and the QuickBooks Error 15000 series still appears, resort to updating the desktop or payroll in safe mode. To do so:
- Open your computer in safe mode or safe mode with networking
- After that, download the QuickBooks Desktop updates again.
- Once done, restart your computer.
As soon as the issue is resolved, you can re-attempt to download the QuickBooks update.
QuickBooks Error 15000 or 15XXX series is a wide range of complications that arises when the user tries to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. Therefore, carry out the abovementioned solutions to troubleshoot various factors that can cause the QuickBooks 15000 Series error codes. These solution steps will ensure you verify and fix different components or settings supporting the QB update.
If you are tired of receiving series error 15000 in QuickBooks, we recommend you contact our QB Proadvisors at +1.855.738.0359. Resolving QuickBooks payroll error 15000 with self-diagnosis and troubleshooting can be exhausting and time-consuming. Our QB experts are seasoned in fixing QuickBooks issues, and they are available to assist you 24/7. Dial the Asquare Cloud Hosting Helpline number now!
Frequently Asked Questions On QuickBooks error series 15XXX
What is QuickBooks error code 15000?
QuickBooks error code 15000 or 15XXX series occurs due to issues like damage in installation files, update components, inactive payroll subscription, etc. When users try to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll, they encounter the error 15XXX on their screen. Follow the steps listed below in this blog to fix the payroll or QB desktop update error.
What is error 15215 in QuickBooks payroll update?
Error 15215 in QuickBooks payroll update pops up when the user attempts to download the payroll update. The same reasons that cause the most 15XXX series error include an invalid digital signature certificate or the inability to verify it, incorrect configuration for internet security settings, windows firewall, etc., leading to the issue.
How do I fix error 15101 in QuickBooks?
Error 15101 in QuickBooks Desktop results when the QuickBooks programs cannot run in the background, or there are unfavorable Windows Firewall settings, internet security settings, etc. Moreover, third-party applications might interfere with QuickBooks payroll updates. To fix the QuickBooks error 15101, run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file, configure Internet browser settings, reinstall QuickBooks in safe mode, etc.
What is error 15215 in QuickBooks?
Users encounter error 15215 in QuickBooks Desktop when updating the application or payroll. The QB shows error messages like it cannot verify the digital signature or the server is not responding. QuickBooks error 15215 stems from incorrect configuration for Internet Explorer, or Windows Firewall, or damage in installation or QuickBooks files, etc.
How do I fix error 15103 in QuickBooks?
Error 15103 in QuickBooks pops up when updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. The issue arises due to damage or issues in QB files of installation, or corruption in the update component, windows registry, etc. To fix the QuickBooks error 15103, troubleshoot and fix the Windows Firewall settings and configuration, and verify the Internet security settings. Moreover, ensure that the time and date settings are correct and there is no incompatibility issue in the PC.
How can I check my payroll subscription in QuickBooks?
To check your payroll subscription, open QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to Employees and Payroll. If the payroll subscription is not activated, enter your payroll service key to activate it.
The steps for activating QuickBooks payroll would depend on if you purchased the subscription online or from a retail store nearby. The payroll service key is mentioned in the product box or email.
How can I start my Windows in Safe Mode?
If QuickBooks errors, like the 15000 series error, keep interrupting the business operations, sometimes you must start Windows in safe mode to troubleshoot the issue. Starting Windows in safe mode means you operate the computer with limited files and functionalities.
Here’s how to start your Windows in safe mode in Windows 10:
- Open Settings
- Navigate to Update & Security and then Recovery
- Now, go to Advanced Startup, and click on Restart now
- When the PC restarts, it will prompt you to choose an option
- Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
- When the PC starts, it will remind you to press F4 or 4 to start Windows in safe mode.
- However, if you need internet, start the Windows in safe mode with networking by pressing F5 or 5.